xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.6 Repair Help  (Read 227 times)

remedee

• Archived User
1.6 Repair Help
« on: April 17, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »

In my last topic I was looking for some help with a D0 point on a 1.6 box to get the GX chip working. Once I got that in place, everything went as expected, until I removed the chip and tried to boot up stock. In case anyone is wondering, I'm helping out a friend with a dead hard drive, so I needed to put a chip in to lock a new HD into the box. What I'm wondering is why the box will not boot up the retail bios with the chip (and all soldered connections) removed? There are no lifted traces or extra globs of solder on anything noticeable, and if I put the chip back in, everything works fine.

I also have another 1.6 box that has an Xecuter chip in it, and it does the same thing. The Xecuter chip is soldered in via pin header, and gets a little picky from time to time, but with a quick adjustment, it boots right back up. Thankfully thats not my main box tongue.gif Anyways, I haven't flashed anything on either box. I have an X2 4981 bios on one bank for <1.6 and Evox M8+ for >1.6, both of which have served me well until this point. I'm just trying to figure out why it seems only these 1.6 boxes no longer boot to the retail bios once the chip is removed. Any ideas? TIA