xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.1 Spiderchip Frags With A Lacquer 1.6 Board  (Read 193 times)

Indecline

• Archived User
1.1 Spiderchip Frags With A Lacquer 1.6 Board
« on: April 13, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »

I recently got 2 xbox projects to undertake.  Both are 1.6 xboxs with 1.1 spiderchips.  I had done a previous pinheader/solder install on my own 1.1 xbox and decided to give both these xboxs pinheader installs as well. I completed one of the xboxs with ease-- rebuilt the LPC, soldered the E wire to the d0 on the back, etc.. booted just fine into the cromwell bios and it's now functional.  However, the other xbox turned out to be a different story.  I followed the same procedure as before on the 2nd xbox, except this xbox frags.  I noticed the spiderchip LED blinks as well (indicating that the d0 wire is fine?).  This leaves me to believe that there is a broken connection somewhere on the board itself.  Rather than buy a $60 motherboard off ebay, i'm hoping to repair it myself with a multimeter and jumper wire to where ever the problem lies.  I should mention that this 1.6 board had a bunch of lacquer filled holes-- does anyone think it's in my best interest to desolder the wires and attempt to clear the holes-- or should I consider this mobo nixed?

Indecline

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 03:11:00 AM »

Problem solved. Got out the multimeter... was a broken/burnt trace.  Ran a jumper and the box boots fine.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 08:38:00 AM »

Good job , you the first person on here to solve your own problem !

HackDaBox !