xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Spiderchip 1.1 Problem  (Read 145 times)

Arm1tage

• Archived User
Help With Spiderchip 1.1 Problem
« on: February 26, 2006, 06:29:00 PM »

Ok where do I begin. I have 3 xbox's here. A 1.2 and a 1.6. My 1.2 has a chameleon chip inside works perfect. I just recently purchased 2 1.1 Spiderchips from diveno, props to them... fast shipping.. everything as advertised. The first one installed like a charm (aside from the laquer in the pinholes, poked with a pin, easily fixed). Booted it up, got the modified cromwell bios screen, flashed it, it rebooted bam.. installed evox the whe bit... install finished. Now i get to the 2nd chip, exact same process until the flashing part. i flash the chip.. the bar fills up ...Erasing... hang. Nothing. Nadda. Zilch. System just sits there. No flashing.. no reboot.. just stays at "erasing." So now im like WTF, im screwed. i reboot the box, FRAG, try again, FRAG. At this point i figure im totally screwed, cromwell is gone i dont have a programmer (also as stated they dont actually work). So i begin to check out XS for answers to see if anybody is having this problem. After reading almost every post dealing with spiderchips (not GX) on XS, i decide to try the hotswap because thats my only available option. So i follow the EXACT instructions from HackDaBox's hotswap tutorial(or the modified chauser tutorial if you will).. same story.. "Erasing" .... nothing. It seems it cannot be flashed. I must have repeated this process 50x with the same result. Always stuck at erasing. Not only did i try it with the SpiderChipReflashCD but i also tried just flashing with evox. At this point im looking for suggestions. I dunno what to do. Help!

1.2 and 1.6 xbox

1.2: X2 5032 (512k bank)
       evox m8 (256k bank)
       evox default 3935 dash

1.6: Dunno cant flash the chip

Arm1tagej