xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.6 Flashes Orange Then Shuts Down  (Read 158 times)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
1.6 Flashes Orange Then Shuts Down
« on: February 22, 2006, 06:55:00 PM »

Try to boot your second 1mb bank (5-8 off, on, off, off, off) or the backup. I'm not sure but I think I remember seeing something where maybe the 1.6b won't boot Flashbios 3.0.1 or 3.0.0 or something.

Other than that orange flashing means solder splash on board.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(loCache @ Feb 23 2006, 09:33 AM) View Post

So i tried to do a restore, as soon as i selected it it rebooted started flashing orange and then shut down... it did that even when the chip was off or completly taken out.

Hello there ...

You said that you tried a restore ... was this the restore feature on the spider gx ? if it is then i believe it has killed your eeprom and that is now what is wrong with your motherboard.

The way to fix this requires another good working chipped xbox. You simply flash your X3 in someone elses xbox with a special bios called ... Flashbios 3.03 unauthorised by shepd ( note the normal flashbios wont work ) and then you can fix your eeprom by flashing a working V1.6 eeprom to your motherboard.

After this you can flash and use your X3 like normal.

This would give you a generic BANNED eeprom so this fix is no good for xbox live. If you have a backup of your eeprom and want to restore your original eeprom to your motherboard from a backup then follow this guide ...
Fast & Legal way to reflash your EEPROM !

HackDaBox !

loCache

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 04:14:00 PM »

thank you man! i'll try that this week will get back if it works ... and owe you big time if it does.
and yeah it was the restore on the SpiderGX menu. i assumed since i did a backup when i first got it working that it would restore the OS to that time..  or if it was gonna flash the eeprom it would let me pick the backup eeprom i made on the hard drive... but it just fried my machine.... wishing i had just gotten the X3 first... damn Spiders! never again.

thanks