xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error Flashing. 0x0, R= 0xff W= 0x09  (Read 179 times)

baalaal

• Archived User
Error Flashing. 0x0, R= 0xff W= 0x09
« on: February 10, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »

Okay so since I cannot seem to burn a dvd-r or cdrw that will actually read in my xbox I need to find a new solution to this mod chip fiasco. The main reason I bought the SpiderGX chip was because it had a HTTP server so you could flash the bios from your pc via the network. Therefore eliminating the need to burn a bios to any media.
Since this chip refuses to flash via HTTP and when I put any of the dvd-r or cdrw I've burned in, it says cant flash from CD I'm going to purcahse another chip and try again.

I've even taken the philips dvdrom completely apart and cleaned it. It reads my Xbox DVDs much faster now but will not read any media I've created myself.

And yes, I can burn an ISO. I'm not new to burning cds.

Does anyone have a reccomendation on what chip to purchase? The crap philips drive in my xbox only seems to read original Xbox DVDs and store bought Video DVDs and audio CDs.
I just need to be able to flash the bios on the chip some other way than via cd-rw dvd-r.

Thanks

VIMike

• Archived User
Error Flashing. 0x0, R= 0xff W= 0x09
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »

I had the same problem and what I did was shut off the xbox, restarted it, closed the link to internet explorer to my IP address.
I reloaded the HTTP option on the Spider OS and went back to that IP address via Internet explorer and it worked fine.

Give that a try...if you still can.