xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: From Spider To Soft Mod?  (Read 132 times)

beutel

• Archived User
From Spider To Soft Mod?
« on: January 21, 2006, 05:04:00 AM »

try to send it back !
divineo took mine back after i told them what kind off bullshit this chip is tongue.gif
and yes you can still softmod it just refer to the manuals in the softmode section in this forum

HackDaBox

• Archived User
From Spider To Soft Mod?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

I assume you get your chip from divineo ? try sending it back , i have spoken to them at lenght regarding the issues with these chips. There should be no problem returning the chip to them.

If you buy a game like Splinter cell and a Xbox Memory card you can install a softmod easily. Or do what i do and solder in a headerpin , ground d0 and plug a duox2 chip onto the headerpin. Boot AID 2.11 final and install a softmod to the hard drive and then remove my duox2 and remove the link from d0 to ground. Now the xbox is softmodded and if i ever have a problem i can just ground d0 and plug a duox2 ( or similar lpc modchip ) onto the headerpin and boot AID again. If you can't solder then you can even use a Solderless adaptor to make it solderless and painless !

HackDaBox !

HackDaBox

• Archived User
From Spider To Soft Mod?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

Yeah the spidergx will boot AID , and setup your hard drive. Make damn sure you lock the hard drive or it won't boot after you remove the chip.

HackDaBox !

HackDaBox

• Archived User
From Spider To Soft Mod?
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 11:44:00 PM »

Hello there ...

Yes just send your faulty chip back and get a Xenium Spice or a X2.6 solderless and enjoy the difference !

HackDaBox !

HackDaBox

• Archived User
From Spider To Soft Mod?
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

Are you using a V1.6 now ? if yes then thats why ... the spider has problems booting xbe's after the dashboard.

HackDaBox !

HackDaBox

• Archived User
From Spider To Soft Mod?
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 10:49:00 PM »

Burn AID 2.11 final to a DVD-R ( not dvd+r , not dvd-rw ) at 1x or atleast the slowest possible speed. Use dvd decrypter to burn the iso image. It will boot to the menu then just install a softmod and then remove the spider. If anything ever goes wrong with your softmod just install the spider and use AID 2.11 again !

HackDaBox !