xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Question On Spidergx And Hdtv Compatibility  (Read 129 times)

zagnuttt4

• Archived User
Question On Spidergx And Hdtv Compatibility
« on: January 13, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »

Here's another SpiderGX question.. and basically just a mod-chip question in general, to supplement my previous thread.  I use the component video-out cable on the XBOX for my hdtv.  Most games are in 480p.  A few are in 720p.  My question is.. Is this effected by the chip?  Are my backups playing in progressive scan as well?  They seem to look the same...  Since I can't actually boot any backups from a dashboard on my SpiderGX  smile.gif , I have to boot them right from the X2 Bios..  so I can't really configure my hdtv settings from there.. but I'm assuming the backups are being burned, and played, in progressive scan as well.  Or... does the X2 Bios grab it's video settings from the M$ dash settings?  Thanks guys  Oh yeah, forgot to ask..  I usually use pro-logic II for my audio (on my surround sound system), but if I decided to run a backup using full Dolby Digital (using my optical out cable), will the SpiderGX chip, as well as the X2 Bios, support this as well?  I can't see why not..       thanks

A+
Network+
MCSE
--------------------------------
SpiderGX
X2 5035  512k