xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Still Stuck Hackdabox...  (Read 73 times)

amoot329

• Archived User
Still Stuck Hackdabox...
« on: January 08, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »

Ok i've done pretty much all you've written Hack, i've checked the LPC connections, they're ok cos the lights do come on just as normal, 6 LEDS come on when the switch is off. 5 LEDS come on when the switch is on (the D0 is off). Now when the switch is off, the xbox starts up fine, comes on with MS dash. Now when the switch is on, the xbox reboots 2 times and frags on the 3rd start up (red,green,red etc flashing eject button). So i read your tutorial on it and it says try the bank 2... yes i've done that, i've pretty much tried all combinations on the DIP switches, they all give me a frag (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Bank 1,2 and 3 all give me a frag, tried the auto bank option, still frags

I don't know anyone else who has a modded xbox so i can't hotswap it and flash the bios on it. I guess i'm just stuck with a bios-less modchip?

beutel

• Archived User
Still Stuck Hackdabox...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »

send it back and change it to another chip cause its broken

xWTAxDrmengele

• Archived User
Still Stuck Hackdabox...
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »

Yea i have the same exact problem but would divineo.com allow me to send it back even after i cut off some of the legs?

beutel

• Archived User
Still Stuck Hackdabox...
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

they should do it besauce oyu just followed the installing instructions !

amoot329

• Archived User
Still Stuck Hackdabox...
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 11:49:00 PM »

Hmm not sure if it makes a difference or not. On the switch pcb, theres two leds, one says power on. That always lights up when i turn switch on and try to boot up. The other led name is "Bios Flash". Now when i try bank 1 and 3, it lights up but when i try bank 2, it is turned off. Does this mean that is has a bio loaded on it? Hmm i'm still trying to make it work (i'm an optimistic, what can i say?)

Still don't think its a bad contact anywhere... maybe the spider chip is busted, just won't boot up the bios  sad.gif

jonjoyner83

• Archived User
Still Stuck Hackdabox...
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »

I had to solder in my chip.  SpiderChip is about as reliable as a early 80s Jaguar.  I would definitely recommend a different chip.