xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please Help  (Read 176 times)

Bmx_rider

• Archived User
Please Help
« on: December 09, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »

hey.. well i guess i'm in the same boat as u and some other people.. my xbox restarts 3 times and the frags, and i cant even get the spider gx screen or anything. but the weirdest thing is that i didnt even flash anything yet, i just installed the chip, and the lights go on, but still restarts 3 times and frags and no dashboard or w/e that is called. so like, i removed my chip and put it back in and aligned the holes and evrything, but it still doesnt work properly.  i will post the pictures up after i get home. i got a picture of all the lights off and where my chip is connected. hackdabox, if u read this then maybe it will be easier 2 help me since i will have some pictures? well bendabutcha, good luck to you with your xbox.

bendabutcha

• Archived User
Please Help
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »

yea my xbox did that before i got it to load up the spider screen.  I found out with mine that the lpc port(8 holes in a line) werent getting good connection.  I suggest since we know you didnt bad flash yours that it is a connection problem.  Use the washers that come with the chip and the orignal screw(t10).  Place the flat washer under the chip and the star looking washer above the chip then just screw it in.  applying pressure of course to the other side of the chip so it gets good connnection.  You can also try the popsicle stick method to try and add more pressure the the lpc connnections.  

You havent killed yours yet.  just bad connections.  Maybe able to tell you more once you get pics.

my 2 cents from my minimal one day experience.

bendabutcha

• Archived User
Please Help
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »

Please someone intelligent like maybe hackdabox or anyone who knows about this stuff please help.  I think im going to get an answer i dont like but i do need answers.

Bmx_rider

• Archived User
Please Help
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 06:06:00 PM »

hey.. well here are my images, i think that graphics are alitle bad, but like my connection is all good i think, and i dont got a star looking washer.. umm.. how do i upload the pics? cuz they r on my computer, and not on a site.

Wuallstar

• Archived User
Please Help
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »

grr.gif I am having the same issue as U Benda, with my friends xbox using the Spiderchip I have everything installed correctly flashed the bios recommended and now the xbox frags... I need to know if there is a way to fix this... and if you find out b4 me Benda let me know...

Oh and a heads up My Xbox is already modded using the Xenium Ice chip but I soldered it directly to my XBox so no pin header used and I dont know anyone else that will let me use there Xbox....

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Please Help
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 02:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(bendabutcha @ Dec 10 2005, 05:24 AM) View Post

okay so i bought the spider 1.1 mod chip, took about 5 hrs to install it and get the cromwell flash screen up,  played around for about 5 more hrs trying to get a bios to load up on there.  Finally found a bios that was a 256k for my chip.  

Which bios did you use ... whats it called exactly ? and which xbox version do you have ?

after about 4 hrs of burning and reburning cd's(thomson dvd drive problem i guess) i finally got the bios to update, showed the progress bar and completed then turned off.  Now everytime i have the chip turned on the xbox turns on and off about 3 times then just frags.

Sounds like you flashed the wrong bios file or wrong bios file size !

i cant find any info on what is supposed to happen after the new bios is loaded on there(guess it depends on which one u got).  

If you flashed a Evox bios it will now have a Evox Logo in the top left hand corner of the startup screen. If you flashed a Xecuter 2 bios then it will say Xecuter 2 under the big X logo after the startup animation runs !

Anyway ive read through a bunch of forums and from the sound of it i guess i got a bad flash.  now the only way i heard to fix this is a hotswap?  or usb programmer?  

The USB programmer sux and doesn't work at all. Hotswapping i the answer but you need access to another chipped abox that uses a headerpin !

for the hotswap all of my friends are newbs and would never attempt to mod their own xbox's.  i tried modding  one of my friends with this spider chip because the person wouldnt do anything themselves.  Do i have to have another modded xbox to hotswap?  

Yes

Should i just buy another chip? Try returning the spider and start again this time tripple check the bios before flashing or get a xenium spice instead !

i have no idea how people install these and end up doing it in about 30 minutes.
can i ftp to the fragging xbox to change bios?

No

Read up everything you can at www.HackDaBox.com as it will help alot. Xheck out the Whole Spider GX sections and the tutorials as well !

HackDaBox !

PS i hope i have been of some help and cleared up a few things for you !

Bmx_rider

• Archived User
Please Help
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 09:20:00 AM »

How do i add images if they r on my comp and not on a website?

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Please Help
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »

http://photobucket.com/

go to photobucket and create an account. Then you upload (send) the photos to their server and then you can put the photos up on here !

Or email the pics to me and i'll host them for you !

HackDaBox !