xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spidergx Bios Problems  (Read 192 times)

hazpha

• Archived User
Spidergx Bios Problems
« on: November 05, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »

what you need to do is put the bank switch into the bank 1 position and with the xbox powered down. Start up the xbox, open the dvd tray and put slayer's evox cd in(make sure it is on a cd-rw or dvd-r). Turn off the xbox with the cd in. Turn on the xbox with the cd in the drive and the switch in bank 1 position. Slayer should boot up. This won't work if you don't have bank 1 flashed with evox m8 plus (v1.0-1.5) or evox m8 v16 plus (1.6 and 1.6b). use the web flash feture. it's the easiest

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spidergx Bios Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 06:25:00 AM »

Select Auto or Bank1 to boot from the hacked bios.

HackDaBox !

hurricane

• Archived User
Spidergx Bios Problems
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 09:37:00 PM »

I am having the same issue. I was able to flash Bank1 via SpiderWebOS just fine.

Changed the switch setting to off on on  for auto and off off off for bank1 and I also only get a blank screen when booting.

I have a v1.6
but the SpiderOS says I have a 1.0-1.5 so I am not sure what the problem is.

I know this does not help you out all but at least you are not alone.

hurricane

• Archived User
Spidergx Bios Problems
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

Has anyone been able to figure this out yet?

I tried every Bios under the sun and none seem to work except:

Cromwell Linux Bios
FlashBios 3.3 Bios
Spider Test Bios

Just a black screen for the M8plus16 or if I tried a Xctuter Bios it would just FRAG as I would expect it to do.

I sent an email to Spider but have not recieved a response yet.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spidergx Bios Problems
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 07:33:00 AM »

OK are you ALL flashing the right size bios for the banks !

From the apidy manual ...

Six Menus are displayed:
1) Xbox Information: Displays your Xbox information.
2) Flash OS: To Flash SpiderGXOS (Try only if you know how to do it)
3) Flash bank1: Flash SpiderGX bank1 (256Ko Bios)
4) Flash bank2: Flash SpiderGX bank1 (256Ko Bios)
5) Flash bank3: Flash SpiderGX bank1 (512Ko Bios)
6) EEPRROM: Flash the EEPROM (Try only if you know ho to do it)

SO if you want to flash Evox M8 Plus V1.6 then flash it to bank 1 and make sure you have a 256k bios file.

Or if you want to flash the X2 5035 bios then flash it to bank 3 and make sure you have a 512kbios file.

HackDaBox !

hazpha

• Archived User
Spidergx Bios Problems
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 04:52:00 AM »

you guys are so close and are only missing a few things. The ONLY BIOSES that work on the spider gx are the X2 5032 and X2 5035. And you can only flash them to bank 3 (512k bank). With these you will be able to boot slayer's evox cd by putting cd in, turning xbox off, then turning xbox on again with the cd in. This worked for me. If not for you, I beleived something else is screwed up. DO NOT use Evox M8+ because it WON'T work!!!!!!!! All you'll achive is a blank screen with any Evox bios.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spidergx Bios Problems
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 07:11:00 AM »

If this is true then we can add CPLD issues with Evox M8 Plus V1.6 bios to it's list of features !

Spider GX Features:

Poor connection to LPC makes installing a bitch !

legs of the spider GX don't fit in holes due to laquer making a V1.6 install impossible without clearing very small holes ( very hard to do )

CPLD issues make the Spider GX incompatible with the first ever released bios for the V1.6 ( Evox M8 Plus V1.6 ) forcing you to use X2 503x which has a annoying delay ( loading screen ) !

No support for this product from the Spider GX team !

HackDaBox !

PS CPLD issues and problems with Evox M8 Plus V1.6 have not been verified by me as yet !

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spidergx Bios Problems
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 12:39:00 AM »

Thanks hazpha,

It's funny i do alot of help with the duox2 chips and also the aladdin xt's and some aladdin xt clones have Black Screen booting with Evox M8 Plus V1.6 and some duox2 clones have trouble with the X2 503x bios !

Hey anyone tried the Evox M8 V1.6 bios (256k) Note this is not the plus version ! this bios woul dbe fine to use on a V1.6 but not on V1.6b - i just wanna know if it works or not !

HackDaBox !

hazpha

• Archived User
Spidergx Bios Problems
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 04:34:00 AM »

no prob guys. It looks like we've got at least a few things sorted out about this peice of crap chip (mine is working now. YAY!). I look forward to helping out again.