xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spider Gx Downloads Or Manual?  (Read 455 times)

crypysmoker

• Archived User
Spider Gx Downloads Or Manual?
« on: October 04, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »

hey man, I just sent you a PM about this.   IF you can help me to figure out how yo connect this chip I just got today (the spider gx) on my 1.3 xbox i can tell u what I get on my screen.

my xbox motherboard does not have the square xbox chip for the plastic guide to go on,  instead it has 2 rectangular and 1 small epprom chip to replace it.   Please help, I paid almost $80 to get this chip from divineo overnight, and now cant even connect it

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 01:07:00 AM »

It should be very easy for you to install this spider gx in your V1.3 xbox. Just screw the chip down using the supplied screw and washer and then you only need to have one leg the D0 going into the D0 hole !

None of the other wires need to be attached ( atleast at this stage untill we figure out the mystery wire ! )

You need to look at the old spiderchip v1.1 diagrams to see where the D0 wire goes on your motherboard !

user posted image

See the 15 holes in the pic above ? thats where the spiderchip sits and you remove one screw from the motherboard and screw your spiderdown using the screw and washer supplied.

HackDaBox

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »

blink.gif

crypysmoker

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »

Thats what I said.  They emailed me also this morning at about 6am. i was very surprised.

But now I have installed it, it lights up, but it will not boot into the chip.

And hack da box didnt have to act like im an idiot, I have installed many chips beofre, just never a spider.

But I got this one installed, holding the chip down of course, even witht he screw as tight as think it is safe.

oh well, I'll figure it out

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 02:13:00 AM »

And hack da box didnt have to act like im an idiot, I have installed many chips beofre, just never a spider.

Experienced installers don't buy Spider chips. the new one will have exactly the same problems as the old. I don't see how Spider can help out from miles away when the problem you have is inability to keep the chip seated correctly.
If you have installed loads of chips, then solder in a pinheader and do something to cure the problem you have, because the chip will work fine on a correctly soldered pinheader.
I wouldn't be harsh on HackdaBox either. he is one of the only ones who has written guides and stuff on the Spider and tried to help everyone with them despite the chips being a load od Cr*P

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 07:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(crypysmoker @ Oct 5 2005, 11:34 PM)
Thats what I said.  They emailed me also this morning at about 6am. i was very surprised.

crypysmoker

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 08:34:00 AM »

I have tried to hold the chip down I have tried the popsicle stick trick.   But still, everytime I try to boot with he chip on it frags out. in any switch position it frags unless I turn off the chip.

I have installed plenty of xenium chips, and just cause you say and expierenced chip installer wouldnt use a spider.... I WANTED TO TRY SOEMTHING DIFFERent.  I am tired of xeniums and X3's. I wanted to try a new chip to see different features.  I am so sorry for wanting to try something new and getting fucked in the process.

LEsson for the day- CHANGE IS NOT ALLWAYS GOOD

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »

I WANTED TO TRY SOEMTHING DIFFERent. I am tired of xeniums and X3's. I wanted to try a new chip to see different features.

Thats fine SOLDER in a pin header then. Plug the chip in and it will work you don't need to mess with anything else to hold the chip down.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 09:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Oct 6 2005, 07:24 PM)
Experienced installers don't buy Spider chips. the new one will have exactly the same problems as the old. I don't see how Spider can help out from miles away when the problem you have is inability to keep the chip seated correctly.

Morlok8k

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 01:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(crypysmoker @ Oct 5 2005, 06:29 AM)
I paid almost $80 to get this chip from divineo overnight