xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Spider Gx Functionality  (Read 2516 times)

orlandu

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(HackDaBox @ Nov 24 2005, 01:23 PM)
Loosen your screw a little on your spider then use a squeeze guide ...

http://www.hackdabox.com/spiderchip_squeeze.html

if you are allready using a squeeze guide add more pressure to it !

HackDaBox !

Hackdabox, thanks for your continued suggestions (and your PM on this subject)!

I have tried the squeeze method 3 ways: one way with a block of lego, one with an eraser cut to fit (it's easy to generate a lot of pressure with this one!), and one with the case open and me holding the chip down with my fingers. Nothing seems to change! I've tried each method several times.

That's not to say that you're not right, I might be doing something wrong - but I've spent quite some time repositioning and pressing the pins into the LPC, and it's still not working as it ought to.

On a brighter note, the X2 BIOS will at least let me run XBMC as dash properly, which was most of what I wanted to achieve with chipping smile.gif

chronotrigger681

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »

mad.gif im having problems flashing my bios on spidergx 1.6 phlips drive im using the correct bios and a dummy file both named bios.bin and dummy.bin ive used 3 different kinds of cd-r and 2 of cd-rw the box acts like it reads the disk it does evry thing  i get the erasing and then the write and verify but it never goes to end when i reboot im always back at sqauare one ive tried flipping my switches ive read and read and read looked over the manual again and again??im a semi noob ive learned alot just gimmie some idea's to go off of???it would be really helpful specially from someone has a spidergx ive hit every problem to where im at now!
           -thanks
                  not givin up

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »

To eliminate it being a media issue try using the Web OS flash !

or burn the BIOS.BIN and a big dummy file to a DVD-R at 1X, if you dont have a DVD burner just take the files on a cdr to a mates place and do it there !

HackDaBox !

This post has been edited by HackDaBox: Nov 26 2005, 05:11 AM

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2005, 06:27:00 AM »

hmm. But with all the warnings ! all the problems and issues people still buy and are caught up in the hype and clever marketing like ...

Solderless solution for all versions !
Installs in minutes !

Now none of this is completely true , not without hours or days or weeks of frustration and additional mods to hold the bugger in !

HackDaBox !

This post has been edited by HackDaBox: Nov 27 2005, 02:28 PM

kynnguy

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »

Lol...I thought i was the only one having so much problems. I am new to modding and this spidergx is not much of a welcome party for me. I installed the chip and all lights are on but then the stupid spider wire broke and now i have to solder one back on. Anyway I had to remove the chip until i add another one back on and now my xbox reboot  times then flash red and green. Please help me mod master hackdabox and you mod mater out there. I am thinking of buying another solderless chip any suggestions?

Thanks and good job hackdabox guy.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2005, 04:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(kynnguy @ Nov 28 2005, 11:53 AM) *

Lol...I thought i was the only one having so much problems. I am new to modding and this spidergx is not much of a welcome party for me. I installed the chip and all lights are on but then the stupid spider wire broke and now i have to solder one back on. Anyway I had to remove the chip until i add another one back on and now my xbox reboot  times then flash red and green. Please help me mod master hackdabox and you mod mater out there. I am thinking of buying another solderless chip any suggestions?

Thanks and good job hackdabox guy.

Xenium Spice Rocks !  -  A true solderless solution !

HackDaBox !

ngnate

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2005, 08:02:00 AM »

I found a very strange thing with this chip, but first let me give you a little background. I have a versio 1.2 that was previously modded so I'm new to this. I brought another xbox version 1.4 on ebay, said that it had cool modded lights, so I figured that the previous owner had chipped it. Got it, threw the ver.1.2 chip in, and just fragged. Thought maybe the chip was too old of a version so I bought a spider GX. Messed with it for a couple days with no luck tried the squeeze method and anything I could think of. Finally follow traces for a week and found that the turd screwed things up. Got traces and LPC repaired and solded it directly and checked ohms and volts all was perfect. All excited I plugged it in FRAG.  Started poking the board and chip no luck until I poked LPC pin11 an WAM it started. Soldiered a wire to it and tried to power it and ground it nothing. It only worked when I touched the wire and it didn't matter if was bare or insulated. I thought that maybe some weird way the wire and pin was heat sensitive but it wasn't. The only way I can chip to boot is by touching that wire.  Sorry about the long post, but I don't know if it is this peviously screwed up Xbox, a demon possessed chip, or something that has happened for some reason I don't understand but other might. Hopefully someone can get their SpiderGX working by touching Pin11. P.S. Throughout the process the M$ BIOS worked once I fixed the broken D0.

Chancer

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »

People demanding that their accusations against Spider are put on the news page and pinned here have only succeded in
Getting a lot of posts made invisible and this thread closed.
legally you can not say some of the things that have been said (Don't ask what they were, you can't see them now) without leaving yourselves and XS open to litigation so its not going to continue.
Whatever your opinions of these chips you will see from reading as with any other chip the end result depends on the skills the installer has and again as before often the lack of install skills is blamed on the chip.
The posters in here who posted some of the stuff they did can expect posting restrictions. Should they repeat these things then it will be more than just posting restrictions.
You can have an opinion or constrcutive criticism. You can NOT accuse a company of fraud and start quoting amounts in here. that is for the courts to deal with.
Closed

This post has been edited by Chancer: Nov 29 2005, 05:08 PM
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]