xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Spider Gx Functionality  (Read 2517 times)

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »

forgot to mention why you dont need it
its the d0 for the 1.0-1.5 xbox's
the 1.6 d0 is the one next to the light that is off when the "mystery" wire is out
which means that the d0 wire is not connected like it should be

xNuke

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2005, 08:59:00 AM »

I'm having the same problem as Kallidoan with not being able to flash the bios. I've re-seated the chip many times, and tried the X3 bios and the M8 Plus 16 bios, but still same error. I'm running an xbox 1.6. The chip shows the xbox version as 1.0 to 1.5, as shown in the screenshots above as well.

The D0 wire, or referred to as the Mystery Pin, is NOT hooked in, as instructed by the manual. All other 5 pins are in.

The error:

Error +0x0, R= 0xFF W= 0x09
Please try again.

This post has been edited by xNuke: Oct 14 2005, 04:02 PM

ishada

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2005, 10:03:00 AM »

I would just recommend that when we all get our spider issues solved we always tell people its a bad idea. I would try hooking up the d0 and see what happens but then again I am a noob

EverestX

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(crypysmoker @ Oct 4 2005, 01:47 PM)
This is soppsed to be a good chip. I have xenium's up the arse here and wanted to try something different other then x2-x3. anyone help me??

HAHAHA, Dude sorry to come in her eand really be of no assistance but what gave you all the idea that this chicp was supposed to be "great'?  The Pinto looked great on paper too, so did attacking Iraq... Turns out it wasn't what it was made out to be.

But I would like to point out that spiders are known to be very Finiky about the bios you use, so far I have "heard" other people say that have gotten other shit to work but as a rule of thumb use only
1.0-5 X2 4981
1.6 Evox M8 +16

Whoever it was that said they had successfully flashed it and it was ruynning great what ver? Bios and bank did you put it on?  I am not ever planning on buying another pice of spider trash but I would like to know incase somone brings me one to install some day.

Best of luck to all of you,  --sut curious How many of you that bought the GX had and original spider?

Chancer

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »

and tried the X3 bios

If you tried that then we can safely assume you don't understand how to flash a bios as this is for the X3 chip only.

xNuke

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2005, 07:59:00 PM »

Chancer, I did that as a last resort after the M8 Plus 16 wasnt working at all. It just proves that I get the same damn error.

crypysmoker

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »

well, got it installed, booted and flashed on a 1.6 and a 1.0. i did exactally what it says on www.spidergx.com and everything worked fine.

What I did find out however, is that about 50%of the gx's have the same problem as the reg spider,s.. the damn screw hole for the chip is not centerd right. I though I had to hol it down to get it to work... nOOOOO, i had to actually move oit a liitlbe back to where i shaved out a little of the IDE connector so it would fit.  this is actually a good chit. it works better then my xeniums and my x-3, its just the problem of getting it to work.  I have udgraded 2 harddrives for a buddy, and flashed it and it works fine.

Just read the website, and look at the chip. make sure it is touching thouse lpc holes right.  on mine, one of the pogo pins was slightlly off also so I had to force it down and to the side.

thanks spider for not knowing how to cut the damn chips correctly.

Also, there will be a OS update on the site in about 2 days they say.

spidergx

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »

I have installed the spidergx and have the hardware working fine (all LEDs are lit up) and the Spider OS comes on the screen and have even been able to flash the Spider Test Bios to Bank 1.

Now I would like to get a few games working and am at a loss.  I have flashed the Evox M8_16 into Bank 2 but when I booted to Banke 2 I just received a blank screen.

I am stumped right now and have sent an e-mail to the guys at spidergx.com.

Any insight?

Chancer

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2005, 04:34:00 AM »

Chancer, I did that as a last resort after the M8 Plus 16 wasnt working at all. It just proves that I get the same damn error.

Flashing an X3 bios to a non X3 chip proves nothing as the bios will not work anyway and will give exactly the symptoms as a corrupt flash or bad LPC points.
This chip is going to have the same old problems as the old one. Mind you at least it has its own forum section now.

spidergx

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

I e-mailed spidergx.com on the 16th and have still not heard back from them.  I have not been able to get my chip to work. Sure I get the Spider OS, but no games nor movies.  I do not know anyone that has gotten the chip to actually work.  

I will give it about 5 more days and if I can not get this working I will send it back to divineo.com.

I have a 1.6b .. what BIOS should I flash to get this thing working>? So far I have flashed the Test Bios and it works to say that it's been successful but that's it!!!! SpiderGX.com has not come out with their real BIOS. I have flashed the Evo M8 16.b on Bank 2 but then just got a black screen.

Any insights??????????

justnobody

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »

I have gotten this chip from a friend to install in his v1.6 xbox.  I have a v1.3 xbox with an xbit in it and I had issues with its pogo pins before fitting in and when it did finally fit in, i dared not touch it.  I am wondering if this is the same way.  After getting the manuals from spidergx and how it says when u install it and turn the chip in the off position and all the lights come on then all you have to do is turn the xbox off, turn the chip on, then turn the xbox on and poof the spidergx os screen will appear.  I have installed the spider wires in and when i turn the chip in the off position it goes all blue leds for all the lights, and I have properly cut the second d0 for the v1-1.5 xbox's.  I am just wondering now after seeing the spiderchip 1.1 issues from hackdabox and how the pins dont fit in real well and align well if that might be my issue.  The d0 is the only led that doesnt light up when i turn it back on, and when I do turn it back on and the chip is in the on position, I either get it to light up once and shut down, light up twice and shut down, or light up 3 times and get the FRAG and nothing on my tv screen.  I have positioned it a couple times, by luck I guess in a position to where in the on position it will load up the regular ms dash and my d0 light is still off.  Anyone have a vivid picture of their spidergx main board in position working so I can possibly look at how it is compared to the motherboard of the xbox and line mine up similarly?
Thanks in advance

Chancer

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2005, 07:00:00 AM »

This is just the same old same old from this chip team.
If anyone from spider actually reads these forums (I doubt it) give these guys some support. If you can't write a correct manual or have issues PM me and I will give up some of my time to sort this with you.
Anyone considering buying a Spider read the horror stories here and until these guys front up to the complaints think very long and hard before parting with your cash

Morlok8k

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2005, 02:02:00 AM »

Ok... thats it.  i was thinking of getting a spidergx for my box but was wondering if i could do it via pinheader. (as my current spider is on the pinheader - but not by the chip being faulty, i accidently stripped that screwhole... oops!)

i'll get it for my other box which i have kinda want to mod (but dont as i use it for XBL - i'll just keep the chip off.)

i'm also curious about the LCD, and the "secret" extension port

i'm sure that team spider is working on a new manual.

i have never had any problems with the spiderchip that were the fault of the spiderchip itself.  - it's just not very user-friendly and not for noobs!  it funny cause many noobs get them.

- Morlok8k - the only spiderchip fan (and installer too!)

XsCode

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2005, 10:43:00 AM »

Hi all

I have a similar problem to Justnobody.  In the off position, all LED's light up biggrin.gif , but in the ON position, the D0 LED goes off and i get the exat same error as everyone else when flashing.

Solo63

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2005, 11:41:00 AM »

Ok, I am having a F^%ing time with this damn chip and I'm about to take a hammer to it...I have a V1.1 XBOX and I have installed the chip to the motherboard via. Screw and washer and its aligned correctly (So i think) because when i turn the xbox one and the chip is turned on it brings me to the Spider OS screen. I tryed to flash the banks with EM8+ X4981 and also X2 503x none of them are working. When I switch the dipswitch to the correct bank of the flash and turn the xbox on again I'm getting 3 reboots to frag. EVERYTIME. Then, I try to flash with CD and says cannot find bios bin. Then if i use WEB OS i get that same Error after writing progress as the people earlier posting on this board...but i cant figure out WTF is wrong. If the chip is not set in it takes me to the MS Dash. Also, I'm not using the SpiderWire because that piece of shit DOESNT WORK...it doesnt even fit nicely in its 4holed connector.

I do have one question... I didn't connect the "connector" with the two wires, The black and the Red wire. Does anyone know what those wires are for because in the manuals it doesnt say SH*T!

THANNKS IN ADV.!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7