xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Spider Gx Functionality  (Read 2515 times)

Kallidoan

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« on: October 01, 2005, 07:33:00 AM »

mad.gif

Just got my brand spanking new Spider GX from diveneo.  1 slight problem.  No instructions on install or the software.

Either way, It is installed and I boot up and I see the spidergx OS.  I flash my bios, but I can not boot from it.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

If anyone has instructions please post them as they are "in progress" on the spidergx website.

shaynedude

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 03:29:00 PM »

Hey Kallidoan.

I am having almost the same problem as you. I have not installed the chip yet because I don't know where to connect all the wires, and the damn thing didn't come with a manual. I did see on their website that there was a manual coming soon, but it can't come soon enough. If they dont have the manual in the next week or two I am just going to return it and get the Xecuter.

Maybe you can give me instructions on how you installed it.

But anyways, I feel your pain.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 07:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kallidoan @ Oct 2 2005, 12:08 AM)
mad.gif

Just got my brand spanking new Spider GX from diveneo.  1 slight problem.  No instructions on install or the software.

Either way, It is installed and I boot up and I see the spidergx OS.  I flash my bios, but I can not boot from it.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

If anyone has instructions please post them as they are "in progress" on the spidergx website.

Hey care to give me some details !!!

What xbox version did you mod with the spider ? Did the wires just push in and are they allready bent in the right places ?

Just the basics i need !

HackDaBox !

Kallidoan

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »

The SpiderGX should come with a clear plastic piece.  This piece fits exactly around the square chip next to the LPC holes.  place it down around this chip...there is a square in the plastic piece.

Once it is layed down, screw the main board down...then plug in the spider wires pcb.

The wires need to be guided into 4 small little holes in the clear plastic piece.

Once you plug in all 4 , there is a 5th that doesnt have a plastic guide...Hell if i know where this goes.

I tried plugging the 5th into different places, some places It will not let me use the SpiderGX Web OS flash feature, it gives an error message.  If I do not attach the 5th wire, then the web OS flash feature is successful...but I dont know if it really worked because I still cannot boot.

I just bought some cdrws, going to try to flash by cd.

I have a 1.6 xbox, but spider gx bios says i have 1.0-1.6 - probably will be fixed whenever they release an update.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

THankyou very much for this information as it will help alot of people. Have you compared where you have put the 4 wires with the old spiderchip diagrams for the V1.6 ? they might match up the same and you may find where the 5th goes from doing that comparison !

Do you have a wire going to the D0 connection ?

HackDaBox !

Kallidoan

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »

1. Ok, just burned a CD-RW with a 4981.06 bios with a dummy file (standard procedure) to bank 1.

BIOS file not found.  (I am using the standard .bin format)

2. (5th pin not installed) Started HTTP server, connected via internet explorer.  Uploaded the same bios file...(tried many differnt bios on different occasions)
-Erase
-Write
>End

*so * reboot, like the badly mispelled instructions tell me to do

Set to autoload off of bank 1.  Reset within the spider OS.
Rebooted back to the OS, not from the bios.

3. (5th pin installed in a spot that makes all of the leds light up; either one of two locations)Started HTTP server, connected via internet explorer.  Tried to upload BIOS gets error message..."Error +0x0, R=0xFF W=0x09"

This is starting to suck.  I hope the Spider GX website has some instructions soon and OS upgrades.  There are many features that are not available on the web site such as "Disable Auto Boot", I have seen a screenshot and demo video of this feature, but it is not available on my unit...again, maybe I need to upgrade the O#S software...

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »

user posted image

Hey Kallidoan you do need all the 5 legs connected. Which leg do you not have connected in the above pic ?

HackDaBox !

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »

Also Kallidoan you can't use the X2 4981.06 bios on a V1.6 console !!!

You must use the Evox M8 Plus V16 bios.

HackDaBox !

Kallidoan

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 11:10:00 PM »

Thanks for the heads up hack the box.  I have tried that BIOS, but the problem is I cant boot to it or any bios.  It always goes back to the Spider GX OS when I boot my system even though I tell it to boot form bank 1, which I happened to flash with afformentioned bios.

CORRECTION: the 5th wire, I counted incorrectly there is a 6th "mystery wire". The Mysteyr wire is located by wire #29. All 5 wires are shown on the diagram below are what I have, and what fits in the clear plastic pin guide.

There are 2 locations that the "Mystery wire" can be placed that that will light up LED# 24.  Any other location and you cannot light up #24.  If you place the Mystery wire on any point it can reach you will always receive an error message when trying to flash your banks via Web OS "Error +0x0, R=0xFF W=0x09"

When you dont make any contact with the "Mystery Wire" the #24 LED turns off.  This is the only way I can successfully "flash" or at least I think I have flashed my chip.  Is by NOT placing the mystery wire on anything,  this will result in the #24 light being deactivated.  But you will not receive an error message when trying to flash the bios.

I have the Photos but I cannot use Image Shack to upload them... any other free suggestions...someone else want to host them?

This post has been edited by Kallidoan: Oct 2 2005, 06:23 AM

Kallidoan

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »

Photos Mentioned in previous Post

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Kallidoan

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 11:32:00 PM »

Submitted post twice on accident.

This post has been edited by Kallidoan: Oct 2 2005, 06:33 AM

Perplexer

• Recovered User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 11:38:00 PM »

Wire 29 goes to point B in this diagram:

user posted image

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 04:03:00 AM »

Hi perplexer,

Yes we know where #29 goes but the new spidergx has a mystery 6th wire ?

HackDaBox !

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 03:32:00 AM »

Hi perplexer,

Yes we know where #29 goes but the new spidergx has a mystery 6th wire ?

HackDaBox !

Edit: Sorry for double post , these boards get damn slow sometimes sad.gif

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Functionality
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005, 05:59:00 AM »

Kallidoan,

What size bios are you using ?

Have you tried changing the switch settings from left left left to right right right for A B and C ?

Have you tried auto for the boot setting on the switches ?

HackDaBox !
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7