xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.6 Bios On Xbox 1.1  (Read 241 times)

ForstFunk

• Archived User
1.6 Bios On Xbox 1.1
« on: March 27, 2008, 02:19:00 PM »

He guys, I bought a modded XBox Version 1.1 with smartxx 2.0 mod chip last year.  Today I made a backup of the bios with the Slayer-CD and edited it with EVtool_1.0.9 it shows "Kernel 1.00.5838.01" because I 'm intrested in changing the color of the starting 'X' to orange, like I saw at a friends xbox. But it's not editable because it's unsuported by the program. Using google told me that kernel 1.00.5838.01 is normaly for a xbox v1.6. So I'm wondering how my xbox could work with such a bios version?! Everything is fine,  I have a 250 GB Samung HD, using only drive f with about 220-230 GB (I don't now exactly, because I'm not at home in the moment) and every game, every program, every tool is working well... and that since one year. Than I decided to make a test of my own, a very risky test. I took the EVOX M8 Plus 16 (for xbox v1.6) and uploaded it on a rom bank of the mod chip, because I thought maybe it could work(it had the same kernel version). But trying to start it smartxx announced something like "Stop, wrong hardware, you could damage something" and so I stopped and directly deleted the bank so nobody of my friend could make a mistake when I'm not in the room. Trying to use other Bioses like the normal EVOX M8 Plus or X2 4983.06 are working but in XBMC I've a G drive with 0 MB and I can't diasable it  with the advancesettings.xml. Using my "special" bios ther is only the f-drive, no need for an advancesettings.xml because it's autodetected.
I think I've to re-partion my xbox if I want to use only a f drive with these two bioses. So my question is if anyone had the same thing (1.00.5838.01 kernel, xbox v1.1) and if this also works fine.... or is there a very good reason to use EVOX M8 Plus or X2 4983.06 and having much work, backuping all files, re-partion all drives and copy the files back.

Thanks in advange

Bastian

I'm sorry for my not so good english! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

This post has been edited by ForstFunk: Mar 27 2008, 09:22 PM

lordvader129

• Archived User
1.6 Bios On Xbox 1.1
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »

the bios you have IS evox m8, its based on the 1.6 bios so it shows that kernel number, but its been edited to work on 1.0-1.5 xboxes