xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox2 Installation With Xecuter Lpc Pcb  (Read 1117 times)

Alex548

• Recovered User
Duox2 Installation With Xecuter Lpc Pcb
« on: May 17, 2013, 12:09:00 AM »

DuoX2 LPC rebuild is slightly different than the Xecuter. If memory serves correctly, the Xecuter board had 1 less wire.

It would be easier to do a wire rebuild with 30 gauge kynar wrapping wire (easily found at radio shack) instead of using the rebuild board.
Thought it's a little more work, it's definitely more reliable.

This shows the points on the board that need rebuilding as well as what it looks like with the DuoX2 rebuild board installed.
IPB Image

Here's another image for a wire install:
IPB Image

j0rpi

• Archived User
Duox2 Installation With Xecuter Lpc Pcb
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Alex548 @ May 17 2013, 08:09 AM) View Post

DuoX2 LPC rebuild is slightly different than the Xecuter. If memory serves correctly, the Xecuter board had 1 less wire.

It would be easier to do a wire rebuild with 30 gauge kynar wrapping wire (easily found at radio shack) instead of using the rebuild board.
Thought it's a little more work, it's definitely more reliable.

This shows the points on the board that need rebuilding as well as what it looks like with the DuoX2 rebuild board installed.
[image]

Here's another image for a wire install:
[image]

The only difference i can see between the DuoX2 LPC pcb and the Xecuter PCB is that wire that goes from pin 6 (i believe it is pin 6) that goes to R8R1 point on the mobo. So i should just solder the pcb on, and just solder a wire between that point and pin 6?

Thanks for the help.