xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Duo X2 Gs Hdd Help Please  (Read 254 times)

twiz9491

• Archived User
Duo X2 Gs Hdd Help Please
« on: November 18, 2009, 08:57:00 AM »

Hello i have a v1.6 xbox that i modded with a duo x2 gs and m8+ bios and my hdd went bad i kno the chip is installed fine and the bios are fine i need to know how i can get it to boot up with a new hdd. When it boots  the dvd light flashes 3 times green then its solid green with a black screen. Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

~!*TWIZ*!~

This post has been edited by twiz9491: Nov 18 2009, 04:57 PM

litspliff

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 05:18:00 PM »

i use slayers 2.6, but there is a 2.7. it's really only good for formatting the HD and the ftp service.

XBpartitioner is the best for formatting and partitioning, but the interface is a bit harder to use and you don't get ftp access.

i also hear AID is a good disc.

the optimum solution for me would be XBMC on a DVD with XBpartitioner as an application, but i can never get XBMC to boot off of a DVD. if anyone knows how to do this, drop me a line.

litspliff

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »

yeah...slayer's is kinda weak because it builds with outdated software, but at least you can format/rebuild retail/FTP. that's all you really need in a build disc. keep a FATX HD template on a PC, then FTP your template to build the HD.

twiz9491

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(justtaint @ Nov 21 2009, 07:49 AM) View Post

Download slayer's v1.7 or any other auto-installer disc and format the new HD.

i have slayers 1.7 and the AID disc but none of them boot up it wont even let me open the drive the eject light just flashes

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 06:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(twiz9491 @ Dec 8 2009, 06:18 PM) View Post

i have slayers 1.7 and the AID disc but none of them boot up it wont even let me open the drive the eject light just flashes

you need to open the drive one way or another because you need to boot with the autoinstaller in the drive.

bearcreek

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 07:17:00 AM »

Are you sure you didnt knock any wires loose when you took the hard drive out? It seems weird that the dvd drive wont open unless it is a samsung drive. Although did xbox 1.6 come with any samsungs? Anyway, the 1.6 requires 4 extra jumpers and it is quit possible that you knocked one loose. AID I believe is the better of the installers. It gives alot more options.

Is the modchip light on? Is there a code before it goes black? Did you check to see if the hd is compatible?

twiz9491

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(bearcreek @ Dec 10 2009, 03:17 PM) View Post

Are you sure you didnt knock any wires loose when you took the hard drive out? It seems weird that the dvd drive wont open unless it is a samsung drive. Although did xbox 1.6 come with any samsungs? Anyway, the 1.6 requires 4 extra jumpers and it is quit possible that you knocked one loose. AID I believe is the better of the installers. It gives alot more options.

Is the modchip light on? Is there a code before it goes black? Did you check to see if the hd is compatible?

there is no wire i used the lpc rebuild board and it is a Philips drive. the mod chip light is flashing like normal and it goes straight to a black screen  sad.gif  i don't know what to do. Also just incase i cant get this one working does anyone know a good legit place to get a premoded one for a decent price?

bearcreek

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 06:43:00 AM »

Are you sure it was the hard drive that went bad?

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »

Did this box work perfectly before you installed the chip?
Has it worked fine at any point since the chip install?
You have most likely damaged something, Can you post pictures of the installation? someone may spot the problem.
As the BT point connects to the Eject, then damage here would stop the drive ejecting. A bad HDD would normally bring up the error screen

litspliff

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 05:03:00 PM »

i've got some pre-chipped boards available. if you live in the US, then it would be quite affordable to have one shiped to you. drop a PM if you need one, but it sounds like you have a sticky DVD drive as well. i'm not convinced you had a bad install. you may just need to fix the optical drive. disconnect your BT from the eject button (if you haven't already), try it again. if it still doesn't open, move on to a philips drive tutorial.

twiz9491

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 11 2009, 09:04 PM) View Post

Did this box work perfectly before you installed the chip?
Has it worked fine at any point since the chip install?
You have most likely damaged something, Can you post pictures of the installation? someone may spot the problem.
As the BT point connects to the Eject, then damage here would stop the drive ejecting. A bad HDD would normally bring up the error screen

yes it worked perfectly, i didnt install the bt wire because the xbox doesnt work without the chip i think the mother board bios are messed up but the eject worked when i was in the flash bios menu.When the hdd went bad i thought it was the chip and i flashed it with the same bios i had on the cromwell bank witch is the evox m8+ bios so now i dont have the flash bios or the cromwell cuz the have be flashed over sad.gif

litspliff

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 02:57:00 AM »

as i said, i have some pre-chipped boards/boxes available. sounds like it would save you some headache.

you could also just trade in for a new chip since you have the install properly done.

twiz9491

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(litspliff @ Dec 15 2009, 10:57 AM) View Post

as i said, i have some pre-chipped boards/boxes available. sounds like it would save you some headache.

you could also just trade in for a new chip since you have the install properly done.

how much?

litspliff

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 01:53:00 AM »

depends which one.
hit me up. you can browse around and make an offer, or i can quote you a price.
many ways to find me (links in my signature).

twiz9491

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 10 2009, 02:26 PM) View Post

you need to open the drive one way or another because you need to boot with the autoinstaller in the drive.

i did get the drive open and none of them boot no video no audio  sad.gif
Pages: [1] 2