xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: **ssslllloooowww** Boot...  (Read 92 times)

Smeghead[SMEG]

• Archived User
**ssslllloooowww** Boot...
« on: October 18, 2003, 05:07:00 AM »

Hi,

I was happliy backing up a game to my HDD earlier this evening and it seemed to fail - that is, I confirmed the copy and went away for 10 minutes and when I came back the game was not listed on the HDD - so thinking I must have hit the wrong button I tried the copy again - when it started it said that the progress was already 18% (I think - was definitely something other than 0%) anyway - this seemed to fail again so I rebooted my xbox...

So now when I power on my xbox it takes like 12-15 minutes just to get past the boot up Xbox screen and in my evox I can't do anything (nothing responds).

Is it possible evox is searching my HDD for the application that partially copied???

Anybody seen this before???

Any ideas on how to fix it?!

Thanks heaps for any assistance - this is killing me!

Smeghead[SMEG]

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2003, 06:29:00 AM »

more information:

I burnt a copy of evox dash onto DVD-r and booted - getting error 13: dashboard could not be lauched.

I am really lost - any help much appreciated...:)

Gman22

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 08:17:00 AM »

i have been getting an error 13 on my hard drive too, i think its hopeless, ive been trying to fix it for 5 days now, no luck

hth

pentti

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 09:51:00 AM »

have quite same problem for 3 months now...

box works fine with orginal HD but new 80gid boots up ab. 5 minutes and running a game takes ab. 3 minutes to load... and usually crashes.  :(

started when updated to live dash and used mediaxmenu for first time... i wonder what is wrong?

tried to format ab. 5 times, copy original, no luck... it worked ab 2 months at the beginning  :lol: