xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing Bios With Error 16 X-lite Modchip  (Read 727 times)

DoorMan

• Archived User
Flashing Bios With Error 16 X-lite Modchip
« on: February 06, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »

Well here is the scoop,

We had some softmodding issues and got an error 16 on the xbox.  We bought a modchip to compensate and I'm having trouble flash the bios because I have that error 16.  I don't have my xbox hdd unlocked or anything.  Just a chipped xbox that needs to be flashed.  Anything I can do?

Yes, I have been researching this problem for about a week. Thanks for the help in advance.

mfreddy222

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »

hey doorman,

i also have the same problem with my xbox.  i have an x-lite chip, accidently deleted the dashboard and i guess the clock reset giving me that error 16 message.  no boot cds or dvds are reading and flashing the bios is the only way i can think to fix this.  when i try to flash it using a cd in the evox setup, it cannot read the cd as well.

sorry this isnt an answer for you but hopefully someone can help us both out biggrin.gif

MDM9KZD

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »

I just fix a error message 16 problem.
Two solutions:
1.   There are some bios'es around that allow the chip to boot past the clocksetting. Such as the Evox D6 bios.  I just reflashed my x-lite by http with the bios (Evox x-chip_v1.3.bin) and solved this problem.
2.   This is the more easy and newbie friendly strategy
-Get a friend with a modded xbox.
-Unlock his hdd with eeprom management from a slayer evo-x cd.
-Than, place his hdd in your xbox.
-Boot with your chip on.
-Now the xbox DOES find a dashboard when you boot in original mode and you can set the time in the msdashboard clock settings.
-Shut off xbox and remove your friends hdd
-Place his hdd back in his xbox and lock it again
-Install your hdd
-(clock has been set) So boot up with slayer cd.
-Install normally whatever you wanna install

Hopefully, this is helpful.