xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X-chip Is Great  (Read 40 times)

Skankin FATMAN

• Archived User
X-chip Is Great
« on: August 01, 2004, 10:27:00 PM »

I've read a lot on here with people having problems with this chip and I just wanted to let everyone know that I have no complaints with it.

This is my first modchip and I was hesitant at first as well, but it works great on my 1.2 xbox.  It was a really simple install and after playing with it some I got it to work great.  It comes with great software for easy setup and is really a great product.  It has allowed me to do everything I wanted to do and then some.  I'm really pleased with the quality of product and the support on X-S for getting it installed.  If you have questions about the chip Im willing to help because I know it can be frustrating at times.  I reccommend taking your time and do try to do it ALL at once.  I spent over a week getting mine installed and reading everything I could about it.  I've just now finished everything up and I'm really happy with it.  

The only thing I havent figured out that If someone could help me with is that when I turn on my xbox I have to select load the EvoX bios...Not sure why and its not that big of a deal, but everything else is awesome.

If you need some help, let me know.

AIM: A phi Kai A

Kai

cravavr3

• Archived User
X-chip Is Great
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »

Since you are using the X-Chip and M8 Bios, why not install the Evox 1.0 bios for the X-chip to take advantage of some of the capabilities of the X-Chip, this will always start M8 upon startup.

If searching on #xbins the Evox file is loacated under Bios's and X-Chip not ( Evox ) dir.