xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live With X-bit Chip  (Read 285 times)

Squigi63

• Archived User
Xbox Live With X-bit Chip
« on: February 09, 2006, 10:56:00 PM »

I just ordered an Xbit chip v1.5 and after ordering I read around to find a couple of people here said that they have been banned on XBox live even though they were in Stealth mode.  I was wondering if this still holds true for the chip.  I don't have Xbox live but I want to get it but I dont want to drop 70 bucks on a starter kick to get banned after a week.  I also read that flashing the chip with your XBox bios and booting it like that works but one other kid said he got banned so I'm worried about that happening to me.

Flame me if you want, thank you in advance.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 05:21:00 AM »

People who got banned in stealth mode were wrong, you cant get banned if you have the chip in stealth mode, unless you have been online with your xbox, then changed the hard drive to a different/larger one, if you do this the hard drive serial numbers wont be the same and the live servers recognise this and ban xboxs whos hard drives have changed.

xboxdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »

I've been using my Xbit in stealth mode for years now with Xbox Live and no problems. I haven't changed anything on my hard drive.

Anybody know where to get a diode for the stealth mode power mode? Does the almost solderless mod (pushing the wire from the diode into the power socket) work with v1.5 Xbit chip? It works perfectly on my Xbit but a friend has a newer possibly v1.5 but didn't get a diode. He is trying to get this to work with one from radio shack. It comes on but then won't work after the initial boot.

XBD

Squigi63

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »

The person who had the Xbox before me had live but I want to put a new hard-drive in.  Am I pretty much screwed.  I am planning on buying a 12 month starter kit, can I swap out the hard-drive and reinstall live.  Is there anything I can do.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Squigi63 @ Feb 16 2006, 05:23 PM) View Post

The person who had the Xbox before me had live but I want to put a new hard-drive in.  Am I pretty much screwed.  I am planning on buying a 12 month starter kit, can I swap out the hard-drive and reinstall live.  Is there anything I can do.

Have a read through the pinned topics in the xbox live  section of this forum, there should be some info in there on how to not get banned.