xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: V 1.1 Xbox Problems  (Read 293 times)

PrimeEvil

• Archived User
V 1.1 Xbox Problems
« on: February 02, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

I installed the Xbit 1.5 in to my 1.1 Xbox By soldering it in I flashed it and try to run but it boots in to it's normal os if the stealth mode is on and frags if the stealth mode is off.  I am very confused please help me hat's wrong?

JrracinFan8

• Archived User
V 1.1 Xbox Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 06:32:00 AM »

Check your soldering on the D0, and looke for soldersplashes. If you dont move the xbox around alot try doing a solderless install.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
V 1.1 Xbox Problems
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 07:05:00 AM »

It should boot into the normal OS if you havnt installed another one instead of that.

The frag on stealth mode is a common problem with the xbit and we still dont know exactly what causes it.

Just flash the original MS bios to one bank of the chip and switch to that bank whenever you want to disable it.

mrogers

• Archived User
V 1.1 Xbox Problems
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Silentscream__ @ Mar 8 2006, 08:36 AM) View Post

The frag on stealth mode is a common problem with the xbit and we still dont know exactly what causes it.

If you read his question again, you'll see that's not what he's talking about.

QUOTE(PrimeEvil @ Feb 2 2006, 11:33 AM) View Post

...and frags if the stealth mode is off.

I had the same problem when I got my X-Bit last week, although I did a solderless install. I could boot the normal MS dash (by flipping stealth mode on), but whenever I tried to start up with a BIOS on the X-Bit chip the Xbox just blinked at me angrily. It turned out the xD0 pin (one of the two pogo pins that's out on that "leg" sticking out from the main board) wasn't fully making contact with the right trace on the Xbox motherboard. Clean any dust away from that area on the motherboard, and make sure your contact with that trace is good. As soon as I got the xD0 connected right, my frags went away.