xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: V1.5 Can't Format It?!? But Can Write To It, But Then Frags  (Read 320 times)

PimpleX

• Archived User
V1.5 Can't Format It?!? But Can Write To It, But Then Frags
« on: January 22, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »

OK I got a v1.5 probably the late version as it looks a bit different and has a white 12 pin connector in the middle that I don't see on any guides at all...

I can get it to connect in the flash software and be recognised by the PC via USB. I click format and it sits there saying Format Started and does nothing else. I can select a radio button, I can write a bios, I can read a bios, if I try to Verify the bios it says "Error at 0x000000" If I install it it FRAGs (no bios probably right?)

I'm testing it on a v1.0 with a dead TSOP and the D0 grounded.
I've tried it with the USB connected or disconnected it still does nothing and FRAGs.
Should there be some lights on it to indicate it's working? As there aren't any coming on.
I fitted a pinheader adapter so it would go on a normal pinheader and tried hot swapping it and flashing it but it said "Flash is Not Writeable".

I've tried all this on my main PC and also on a Pentium 2 both XP Pro. All the dip switches are OFF, I've tried other banks and with switch 4 On or OFF it is the same.

Suggestions?

Cheers,

PimpleX

PimpleX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »

What's the Modchip / DVD Power harness for on page 5 of this guide http://www.mod-chip.com/Lite/XBit_Mod_Inst....0-1.5_Lite.pdf anyone know? I don't have one and I'm now guessing I need it or is that just for v 1.5s or something? LOL.

Cheers,

PimpleX

This post has been edited by PimpleX: Jan 22 2006, 06:58 PM

PimpleX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 03:42:00 AM »

OK it's fuxxored I'd say as I get near 0v on two of the normally 3.3v LPC pins so something has blown on the chip it seems to me so it doesn't get any juice when on the LPC sad.gif

Cheers,

PimpleX

airviper127

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 07:38:00 PM »

hey just want to let you know iam having the same prob. it started tonight.

ive had the chip in there for over 2years now and i felt like updating the bios. well prob is the program for xp wont work right its not your chip or mine trust me.  if you had win 98 like i did when i first got it it would take 5 min and work like a dream. now i just need to find a computer with anything but xp!!!