xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Newbie Help Cant Find Anyone Else With This Problem  (Read 264 times)

bkhill

• Archived User
Newbie Help Cant Find Anyone Else With This Problem
« on: December 30, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »

I just installed the 1.5 in my 1.4 xbox. when i plug up to the flash software (tried 2 different computerswin98 and win xp) the chip will connect but when I click format it says format started and doesnt move on. Does it take a really long time to format and Im giving up to soon or is it screwed up?

kc

adamscybot

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 09:20:00 AM »

Nothing wrong my friend...

There is an annoying bug in the xbit software where the window does not refresh and it appears that the window is not responding.

Dont worry, it is. Leave it for say...10 mins max and eventually a message will come up saying something like 'format complete'.

Also make sure you are using the xbit 1.5 software for your xbit 1.5 chip. Not the 1.0 software which is only for xbit 1.0.

airviper127

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

hey im just now getting this problem, i had it working when i had win 98, now i got xp and it wont work.

my question is how do i know which xbit version i have????

forget my question i found the answer however i apparently have the 1.0 and i need to know what software to use i have xp and the only program for 1.0 doesnt seem to work.

This post has been edited by airviper127: May 19 2006, 02:50 AM

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 07:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(airviper127 @ May 19 2006, 02:13 AM) View Post

hey im just now getting this problem, i had it working when i had win 98, now i got xp and it wont work.

my question is how do i know which xbit version i have????

forget my question i found the answer however i apparently have the 1.0 and i need to know what software to use i have xp and the only program for 1.0 doesnt seem to work.

1.5 has no X or Y letters (well it does but they are in black on a black background so you cant see em) and comes packaged with the extra DVD wires power splitter.