xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: MS Bios Is Coming Up, But I Can Run Backups  (Read 259 times)

xfiendx

• Archived User
MS Bios Is Coming Up, But I Can Run Backups
« on: November 29, 2005, 08:43:00 AM »

I have some experience modding xbox's, and this is is giving me a hard time.  I have the xbit 1.5 chip installed.    When i put backup copies of my game in, it loads.  I reformatted the c-drive with an avax install disk and installed Avalaunch, and it still boots up the MS bios (not executer).  Then it loads the MS dashboard.  I know I have avalaunch installed properly.

I decided i would try to reflash the bios, and when I run the xbit flashing software. i hit connect and it doesn't connect.  It doesn't do anything.  This is really frustrating, and I feel like i'm letting this kid down.  Please help me out guys.  Thanks in advance.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »

This problem sounds very strange. Are you sure that the xbit is in good contact witht he motherboard - especially the d0 point.

Which bios are you using?

What version is your xbox?

xfiendx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »

See, that's part of the problem.  This is me trying to fix someone else's mess.  the xbox was manufactured in 02, so i'm not sure of the version.  I don't know what bios is flashed onto the chip.  I was basically handed this xbox with "FIX ME" as my instructions.  I'm gonna give it back to him tomorrow if I can't get this working.  I'm gonna try to run the xbit program on MY xbox, so that will be part of the solution there.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 04:51:00 AM »

Can you solder the chip in?

If you can, then I would personally reccomend to the kid to buy a cheap DuoX2, (they cost about £10 here in the UK) and fit that instead.

If you want to check the version, then check here: http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php