xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Usb Cable Problem  (Read 282 times)

slingshot2170

• Archived User
Usb Cable Problem
« on: November 17, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »

I purchased an X-Bit 1.5 around April or May earlier this year. I installed it, downloaded the flash app, plugged in the provided USB cable, and managed to flash an Xecuter2 BIOS to the chip. However, in recent times, I have needed to reflash the chip or add onto it (wanted to add a cromwell for a native linux installation, needed to change Xecuter2 to allow LBA48 support, etc.) So I pulled out the USB cable that came with it, plugged it into the modchip's bank selector and usb dongle, plugged the cable into my computer, fired up the flash app... and nothing. it won't connect to the xbox or anything. i tried it on my dad's newer computer. still nothing. tried it on my friend's laptop. still nothing. i checked and i have comdlg32.ocx installed on there, in fact i still have the original file where i first downloaded it. my computer hasn't changed significantly (other than a new video card), so i'm not sure what the problem is. any help in this matter would be appreciated.

and i've already tried searching the forums. classic search doesn't work, and google doesn't provide easy to read results.

jamar175

• Archived User
Usb Cable Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »

im kind of confused but make sure you have the right version of x-b.i.t. on your computer and dont flash the chip with a laptop,you'll fry your usb ports try again with a desktop

slingshot2170

• Archived User
Usb Cable Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »

I've tried it on 3 different desktops.. I've even tried pulling the chip out and flashing it out that way.. still nothing. It still works and all, but I'm missing out on 33gb on my HDD because I don't have any LBA48 support. I emailed DMS and haven't gotten any reply from them. So I don't know what to do.

ShadowElitePro

• Archived User
Usb Cable Problem
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

You sure the black and yellow wires are connected?

Visslik

• Archived User
Usb Cable Problem
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 04:37:00 PM »

Many moons ago I had this problem (second mod).  The problem for me was that I was using a USB mouse and keyboard.  There was some problem with this configuration--particularly with logitech devices (my keyboard was logitech) pertaining to the communication with USB devices.  To work around the problem I plugged in a PS2 mouse I had lying around, and used the Windows on-screen keyboard to flash. wink.gif