xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Software For Flashing Xbit 1.5  (Read 215 times)

mdaniels7

• Archived User
Software For Flashing Xbit 1.5
« on: November 09, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »

Hey like everyone else in this forum i have an xbit 1.5 chip and it really sucks. Of course the 1.0 flashing software doesnt work with it and the new 1.5 flashing software I cannot get to run off my comp i am running xp and whenevr i try to install the software I get this error message "component Comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." does ne1 have any idea wht this means or if you have a working copy of the xbit 15 winxp can u please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »

Next time please do a search before posting, this is a common problem and has been answered many times.

QUOTE(Silentscream__ @ May 25 2005, 07:12 PM)
Download COMDLG32.OCX: http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/images/lib/COMDLG32.OCX
Back up your current copy of COMDLG32.OCX and copy the new version to the same file location. This file should be located in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory on your C: drive (for Windows NT and 2000: \WINNT\system32).
Using your mouse, click on the "Start" button and then click on "Run".
According to your Operating System, type the following command to register this library file:

Windows 95, 98, or Me:
regsvr32 \windows\system\COMDLG32.OCX

Windows NT or 2000:
regsvr32 \WINNT\system32\COMDLG32.OCX

Windows XP:
regsvr32 \windows\system32\COMDLG32.OCX
You should see a message saying "DllRegisterServer ... succeeded"

mdaniels7

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

Thanks silencescream your great I do have one more question tho. I have already flashed my chip with the m8 bios the box is a version 1.6. i soldered the nine wires to the lpc points attached them to the 1.6 adapter board and then attached the board to the xbit made sure tht the bank i have the bios in is active and cut my box on the only thing I am getting is the box fragging. Does ne1 have any suggestions onhow to get my box to boot any help will be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks once again.