xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit/x2 5035 Questions  (Read 467 times)

xtanmanx

• Archived User
Xbit/x2 5035 Questions
« on: October 07, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »

i went through about 20 pages of topics, but nothing really answered the specific questions i have (at least i couldnt find them)

the box: v1.4 with softmod...but picked up an xbit

the problem: not reading dashboard

the bios: x2 5035

the bios questions (since i cant find anywhere that lists the all the features):

1: x2configmaker has an config file that came with program...is that just a sample (defaults) for the program, or do i have to have a config file for the bios? (thought everything it needed was in the bios code)...cont'd in question2b.  

2a: the xbit has its own flash software via usb...but reading up on the x2, it says it wants to look for a bios.bin file off the dvd..is that specifically for the x2 chip or is it for the bios itself? (thinking its for the chip)
2b: if the bin file flashes to the chip and it needs the config file from q.1...do i need to flash that to the chip as well, or does it have to go on the disc?

3a: does it have a built in ftp so i can access the hdd and replace dashboard with backup from pc?
3b: looking at the x2ool and x2config, it searches for the 5 different dashes...does the orginal bios only search for one or will it look for any xbe file in that drive? (i have/had both evox and avalaunch on the drive and i know the path of the backup m$ as well), so i possibly may not have to ftp a dashboard over.

4: i read the info about setting for large hdd, but which file to needs to be config'd for >137GB drives (future upgrade) bin or config file?(thinking its the bin file)

5: can i do the larger lba setting with a smaller drive or do i HAVE to have the larger drive?  meaning, can i just do the one flash and not have reflash when i get the bigger drive. ie...currently have OEM hdd, can i flash for a 137GB+ now?

i think those are my main questions i need answered before i go any farther.

thanks!

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Xbit/x2 5035 Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

1. If you had read the contents of the config.ini file, it says :

;NOTE: Bios will work with all default settings if there is no x2config.ini files detected
;      If you flashed the bios correctly you will get XECUTER2 CONFIG LIVE LOADING....
;      When starting up your Xbox - this is normal - its simply a small pause to wait for
;      your hard drive to initialize. This dull looking screen will be smartened up in future.
;
; Also 1 = ON, 0 = OFF (duh!)
: This file goes to the root of your E: drive

2.a. The xbit can only be flashed with its own flashing program via USB
2.b. See 1

3.a No
3.b. The original bios will only look for xboxdash.xbe - and will only boot signed code.

4. Im guessing the .bin, as the X2 bioses come with a tool to change the .bin files Lba48 settings.

5. Yes, you can do it with a smaller drive.

xtanmanx

• Archived User
Xbit/x2 5035 Questions
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Silentscream__ @ Oct 7 2005, 10:42 AM)
1. If you had read the contents of the config.ini file, it says :
made a mistake, the x2config.ini was in the 5035 package...where is the config.ini file you are speaking of? its not in the x2configmaker (v2.7.2) or the 5035 package.

the box had a soft mod to it, so i know it was already NOT looking for m$...so i guess i was incorrect in saying the original bios...i should have asked if the soft mod bios has the option to look for more than one dashboard?  

my 6 year-old wanted to play a new game before i got home and he thought he could find the right place, but apparently not!  anyways, if he must have deleted the evolutionX i had set for the dashboard, it may be possible with the new bios to find the Avalaunch that i had on there as well, right?

is there a bios that has a built in FTP if need to put a dashboard back on?

which x2 bios comes with a tool? 5035 came with:
(folder)USE.THE.X2CONFIG.FILE.IN.THIS.RELEASE ---EMPTY FILE
lba48.txt
README1ST.TXT
x2_5035_v16plus_512k.bin
x2_5035_vOld_512k.bin
x2config.ini

I am not one for the trial and error thing unless i absolutely, positively have to, so i am just trying to do my best to do it right the first time.

xtanmanx

• Archived User
Xbit/x2 5035 Questions
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 12:14:00 AM »

i was just re-reading the xecuter2 description at xbins:

QUOTE(xbins)
Most Current Version: 4983.xx. Features include IGR, no patch hack 1/2, Macrovision off, debug, eject trick, eject fix, HD Replacement, xbox live blocking, clock error checking, and no dvd rom check. | 4979.xx supports launching of embedded xbe's. It was released with a ftp server built in.

"it was releaseed with a ftp server built in"...are they talking about the 4983.xx or the 4979.xx?? and if its the 4979...where can i get that as it not in the usual place i was at. ok..found it..anybody know what the final v of 4979 is?

This post has been edited by xtanmanx: Oct 8 2005, 07:19 AM

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Xbit/x2 5035 Questions
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 04:42:00 AM »

My copy of X2 5028 came with a lba48.exe program in the rar which is used to chaneg the lba48 settings - I havnt touched an xbox to chip it or anything in a while so possibly the newer bioses do not need configuring.

Forget about a bios with a built in FTP server, just use a regular one and boot an evolution-x boot disk to use as an FTP server

the 4979.xx means either 4979.06 (large F drive) or 4979.67 (F<137gb, rest is G drive).

the box had a soft mod to it, so i know it was already NOT looking for m$...so i guess i was incorrect in saying the original bios...i should have asked if the soft mod bios has the option to look for more than one dashboard?

There is no 'soft mod bios' a soft mod uses the xboxs original bios, then utilises a glitch in the dashboard software to load unsigned code.

xtanmanx

• Archived User
Xbit/x2 5035 Questions
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »

Thanks a bunch! that clears up all my questions! so, 3day weekend for us on this side of the pond, so i think i'll give it a go!

appreciate the info!

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Xbit/x2 5035 Questions
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(xtanmanx @ Oct 8 2005, 05:30 PM)
Thanks a bunch! that clears up all my questions! so, 3day weekend for us on this side of the pond, so i think i'll give it a go!

appreciate the info!

No problem  :)