xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bios/dashboard Help  (Read 372 times)

jmmitche

• Archived User
Bios/dashboard Help
« on: September 28, 2005, 10:49:00 PM »

I just recently got my x-bit v1.5 and can not figure this out.  I flashed it with evoX m8 bios, but it still boots with the M$ dashboard.  THe Light on the external part of the chip is green so i guess that means it is aligned correctly, so i dont know what to try.  I took my hdd out of my modded xbox to see if it would boot up in this one since it already has a hacked dashboard on it, but i get the error 16.  Please someone offer me some much needed guidance with this chip.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Bios/dashboard Help
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »

Flashing a chip with a bios is not the same as loading a new dashboard. The Evox M8 bios is made by the same group that made evolution-X dashboard.

jmmitche

• Archived User
Bios/dashboard Help
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »

Yes, I know this.  But I can not get the xbox to boot the bios, it simply loads the m$ screen when I boot it up with the x-bit.  So i tried to put my other hdd in the xbox because it has a hacked dashboard on it.  And if the bios was running on the chip it would load the dashboard and everything if i am not mistaken.  But it gives me an error 16 when i do that so i am guessing the bios is not running.  I dont know if i flashed it wrong or if it is not aligned correctly or what.  But i can not get the thing to load correctly.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Bios/dashboard Help
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »

Ok, i get you now.

Do you have the dip switches set right? im guessing that the d0 point is not aligned, so just re-seat your chip till it works.

jmmitche

• Archived User
Bios/dashboard Help
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »

Ok got it aligned and booting m8 bios, working great, but one problem.  My xbox lights are blinking red/yellow/green..everything works fine but it is blinking like this non stop, is this normal or is something messed up?

iceman4208

• Archived User
Bios/dashboard Help
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »

what dashboard are you using?