xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Old Member Needs Reminded Of Some Stuff...  (Read 376 times)

jdc30va

• Archived User
Old Member Needs Reminded Of Some Stuff...
« on: September 27, 2005, 09:50:00 AM »

I haven't been here in so long I had to sign up again with a different e-mail account.  Anyway...I have the X-bit chip that I bought like 1.5 years ago.  Does that make it version 1?  I didn't see a write up yet that explains the differences.  I am running out of disk space and am finally upgrading to a 300gb drive from a 120, and so I am planning on updating everything at once.  I know the first rule to fight club is not to talk about fight club, but I remember there being a list somewhere of what bioses would work for certain versions of chips (maybe it was on the download site?).  Where can I find that again?  I have some other questions about the xbins stuff, so if someone would contact me off of the board it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,
JC

This post has been edited by jdc30va: Sep 27 2005, 04:56 PM

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

If You bought your xbit over a year ago it is almost definately a 1.0 - you can tell by looking at the B and Y letters next to the connectors for the black and yellow wires. If the letters are gold, then you have a 1.0. If they are black (on a black background - you might have to look hard to find them) you have a 1.5

You should be able to use any bios with the xbit, other than the Xecuter3 bioses (Xecuter2 is works perfectly well and I would reccomend using the latest
X2 if you can get hold of it).

Xbins stuff - http://www.xbox-scen...icles/xbins.php

Hope that helps you.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »

mad.gif

jdc30va

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Silentscream__ @ Sep 27 2005, 01:31 PM)
If You bought your xbit over a year ago it is almost definately a 1.0 - you can tell by looking at the B and Y letters next to the connectors for the black and yellow wires. If the letters are gold, then you have a 1.0. If they are black (on a black background - you might have to look hard to find them) you have a 1.5

You should be able to use any bios with the xbit, other than the Xecuter3 bioses (Xecuter2 is works perfectly well and I would reccomend using the latest
X2 if you can get hold of it).

Xbins stuff - http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php

Hope that helps you.

Hey thanks that is all I needed!  This place rocks...always has!

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(jdc30va @ Sep 27 2005, 06:56 PM)
Hey thanks that is all I needed!  This place rocks...always has!

Not a problem mate!