xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit 1.5 Frag And Installation  (Read 333 times)

Catc1h22

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5 Frag And Installation
« on: September 10, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »

This being my first post after just recently purchasing the xbit maybe a week ago.

I have read just about every post about FRAG and lining up the xbit for the D0
hole and the pogopins.

And to this exact moment i cant get the modchip to run the bios (X2 5230bios and M8+ bios) working with possible D0 holes there were 2 holes that could have bin the D0 hole, the lower i would inserrt the pin and line up the other pins then screw and strat xbox , it would then boot , turn off, boot , turn off, then boot and on this final boot it would frag and i get a 07 or 06 in the uppermost right hand corner wich i beleiev is a specific error.and ther LED wiht the dipswitches would turn on , recieving power

On the uppermost hole i would insert the pin into this hole and the xbox would boot up to the point of the green blob and makes the "X" logo w/out displaying executer or MS underneath the logo. Then it would proceed to FRAG then give me a "12" in the uppermost right hand corner wich again im guessing is the "12" error.

Many a time have i (hopefully) lined up the pins and the D0 pin , along with erasing and reformating the flash chip repeatedly.I've read the tutorials for the easy guide to flashing,getting new-updated bios, and cleaning the pins with slcohol and wiping down the motherboard area where the elleged D0 hole would be,Im pretty sure my xbox is version 1.1 since the D0 isnt placed too far away from the pin slots, making the outer most pin obselete.

any suggestions and helpful information would be much appreciated

CattyKid

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5 Frag And Installation
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »

Check this out.
It tells you what all the error codes mean.  An error 12, from a chip?  Does the Xbox work eithout the chip?
Also, do you have a new HDD or something?  If so, try and boot with the old one first.  Are your DVD drive and HDD plugged in correctly?