xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Getting Started With X-bit  (Read 342 times)

apannos36

• Archived User
Help Getting Started With X-bit
« on: September 07, 2005, 10:28:00 AM »

Hey everyone, what up? I have just gone through mod chip hell with a spider chip.  :grr: I decided to scrap trying to fix that cursed P.O.S. and try again with a clean slate. After doing some research online, I ordered a v1.5 X-Bit chip. It looks like a good mod chip, and was priced right. I ordered it today and I should get it by tomorrow. That's why I'm posting here. I'm looking for some advice/guidence here so I don't have to go through the problems that I did with my now useless spider chip. once I install my X-Bit onto the motherboard, what process should I go through to flash the Bios? What bios should I use (I have a 1.3 or 1.4 Xbox and a 160 GB Maxtor Hard Drive)? What do i need to do to get teh new HD in the xbox? I have mIRC and I know how to access the file contained in there. I'm pretty new to all of this, so any advice with this would be really helpful. I want to make sure that I do this right and I know that all of you here know what you're doing, so please help me out. Thanks in advance for you help. (sorry for the long post)

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Help Getting Started With X-bit
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 12:53:00 PM »

Read this: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=105495

Its a bit old, and doesnt explain the installation of the xbit  - but all chips function in exactly the same way so the principal is the same. Make sure you understand everything, then you can apply what you have learnt to your xbox and xbit.

EDIT: all the guides you will need have been added to the pinned topics at the top of this forum.

This post has been edited by Silentscream__: Sep 7 2005, 07:53 PM