xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My X-bit Is Installed, What Now?  (Read 155 times)

userjc247746

• Archived User
My X-bit Is Installed, What Now?
« on: August 23, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »

I finally installed my X-Bit mod chip into my v1.0 Xbox. Now what I want to know is how do I make the bin that I flashed into my mod chip work. I got X2 4983.67 from xbins and I used X-BIT.exe to flash it to the chip. Everything went fine but now I restart my Xbox and nothings different just the same old M$ dashboard. What am I doing wrong?

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 11:25:00 PM »

What you need to do now is install a dashboard, such as EvolutionX (Evox), UnleashX, or Avalaunch, on your Xbox. Each dashboard has it's own ups and downs, but most people seem to start out with Evox, even though it's a old dashboard.

An auto-installer disc, such as Slayer's Evox Auto-Installer, make installing Evox and other applications easy. All you do is download the disc image, and burn it to a CD/DVD that your Xbox can read.

For further instructions, look over the manual included with the installer, or at the Slayer website.

userjc247746

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 02:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxgamer733 @ Aug 24 2005, 07:36 AM)
What you need to do now is install a dashboard, such as EvolutionX (Evox), UnleashX, or Avalaunch, on your Xbox. Each dashboard has it's own ups and downs, but most people seem to start out with Evox, even though it's a old dashboard.

An auto-installer disc, such as Slayer's Evox Auto-Installer, make installing Evox and other applications easy. All you do is download the disc image, and burn it to a CD/DVD that your Xbox can read.

For further instructions, look over the manual included with the installer, or at the Slayer website.

I have tried to install a dashboard on my Xbox using the USB mini cable that comes with the X-BIT; I use the program X-BIT v1.0 (I know I should use v1.5 but it won't connect when I try to use it, all the connect button does is depress and thats all, no matter how many times I press it) it says error alot but it does connect to the mod chip. I have installed Evox and X2 each once in the 6 section (Bios 5 256K) of the flash memory and then I disconnect and I restart my Xbox. But nothing changes, the M$ logo and the normal dashboard comes up. I also have burned Slayers Evox Auto-Installer's ISO to a DVD but I put it into the Xbox and it says its not a game, DVD, or CD and it says to remove it; no matter how many times I try (20+) it does the same thing.

My real question is how do I know the X-BIT solderless mod chip I put in is even installed correctly? At first after I put it on my motherboard my Xbox wouldn't even start up (it would restart three times and the green light on the front of the system flashed red and green). Now after I removed the solder from the LPC port with a thumb tac and the mod chip is sitting more into the holes and the Xbox actually will start up normally. But how do I know the mod is even working correctly? Is something supposed to show up on the main menu, or is the menu not supposed to show up at all? What did I do wrong? Or what do I have to do?

prime2134

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 07:35:00 AM »

You know that the modchips is working when you see the EvoX logo in the top left corner. You well then need to use an auto install disk like slayer to put the Dashboards and apps on the xbox.