xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.6 Xbox, Xbit 1.5 W/ Adapter, & Smart Rebuild Pcb  (Read 166 times)

D_Sanchez

• Archived User
1.6 Xbox, Xbit 1.5 W/ Adapter, & Smart Rebuild Pcb
« on: July 04, 2005, 12:10:00 PM »

So this might be of interest to anyone who is having troubles getting there 1.6 Xbox up and running with the Xbit 1.5 using the adapter.

As a starting point, go get Silent's pdf guide on the 1.6 install (stickied thread).  Move down to page 8 and begin the install with figure 7.  In regards to the non-existant figure  8, don't worry; just take the orange lead and splice it into the new cd power cord red wire that came with your chip.  You can go ahead and trim the black wire down to the nub since you won't be needing that either.  This step takes care of the chip always being on problem.  Now that you chip is fed power from the CD drive, it will only power on when the box is on.

Now this is where things change.  I was tired of making the little jumpers to accomplish the LPC rebuild.  So I ordered the SmartXX lpc rebuild circuit board since I know that almost all the chips rely on the same points (almost).  The rebuild PCB takes care of everything but one.  That being LFRAME connection point on the pin directly above the square one (number one according to the top side diagram in the tutorial pdf: pink wire for those that are following along).  The LPC rebuild board does pick that point up though, it just does not connect it to the mentioned pin.  Simply run a jumper from the pin on the motherboard over to one of the square pads that follow the trace labeled LFRAME/D0.  

That takes care of the LPC rebuild and chip install.  Your chip should now be powered only when the box is on, and you can turn it off and boot to the original MS DASH, all the while not having to worry about your poor soldering skills to the little annoying jumper wires.  

Hope this helps someone out there.