xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Xbit 1.5 W/adapter In 1.6b Xbox  (Read 1010 times)

satman2005

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5 W/adapter In 1.6b Xbox
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »

Use this picture from thePhost's post, it's the one I used, and it works.

http://pg.photos.yah...11c.jpg&.src=ph

Thephost

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »

That's pretty much it.
I have found that the LPC rebuild is a little easier if you solder the adapter wires in the LPC holes first. Use the picture posted here for that. The picture from DMS to do the LPC is right but the adapter wire picture is wrong. You can use any small gauge wire to do the rebuild. the smaller the better. You have to solder to some pretty small points.

Take your time and double or tripple check your work, it's much easier if it's right the first time then it is to try and find and fix the problem later.

Make sure when you flash your bios, you use the M8 1.6 version.

TFP

radboyjm

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2005, 08:51:00 AM »

Thanks for the help Thephost.  We performed the LPC rebuild yesterday afternoon and checked all of the wires with a ohm meter.  We were unable to check the green and purple though.  We think it is good.  Looks like ModWhiz sent me the wrong chip, it is a v1.0 Xbit (Latice chip versus Actel).  

Do you know or anyone else out there know if a V1.0 XBIT with the 1.6 adapter installed will work with a V1.6 Xbox?  After completing the LPC rebuild and getting the box back together, the box doesn't see the xbit bios that I flashed on there.

Thanks,

Radboy

Thephost

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2005, 09:32:00 AM »

Yes, I belive that the 1.0 should work with the adapter.

Just a couple of things,

Does the green light come on when you power up the xbox?

Does it FRAG ie. RED GREEN RED GREEN ....... or just load the M$ Bios?

What Bios Version are you using?

radboyjm

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2005, 10:08:00 AM »

Yes the green light on the Xbox comes on and it boots into the M$ dash.  I have tried both the M8_16 and the M8+16 bios and it doesn't read them in.

Thephost

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

If it is booting to the Dash then it is loading a bios.

When the box is booting with the M8+16 do you get a EVOX triangle in the top left corner of the screen? If so then you are done, otherwise there is a probelm with your LFRAME wire. LFRAME is what signals the embedded bios to reply.

TFP

radboyjm

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »

I think i found out what is wrong.  Per the DMS website the 1.6 adapter will not work with the XBIT 1.0 chip.  Good thing is a buddy of mine ordered a XBIT V1.5 from Davineo.com today for his Xbox V1.2/1.3 and will swap me if i put my XBIT 1.0 in for him.  Hopefully I will be OK with the correct 1.5 chip.  It should be here next week.

Thanks for your help

ServZero

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »

I ordered the xbit 1.5 only to realize I had a 1.6 afterwards, I thought i was a 1.5, anyway, I ordered the chip, and I'm not sure what you guys are saying when you say LPC rebuild, does anyone have a link to the specific url on the DMS websie.

radboyjm

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »

Go to the below URL and download the LPC Rebuild 16.rar.  This was a little confusing to me at first but after reading through this thread I now understand the whole process.  ThePhost really sumarized the entire install process throughout this thread and once i get the correct 1.5 XBIT chip I should now be able to plug in and go.  Hope this helps.

http://www.dms3.com/...?page=downloads

D_Sanchez

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »

Two problems.  When I have the brown and green switched according to the fixed image that you posted, the chip is getting power accordingly but the box does nothing but frag.

The actual pic of your install shows the green and brown in the wrong positions right?  When I have them installed in that manner the chip does not light up and the box still frags.  

The second problem is your actual install pic.  The color sequence of the loom leaving the chip is 180 from mine.  Pink is at the bottom of mine where as yours shows it on top.  The slide is keyed so I dont see how either you or I have it backwards.

I am using m8_1.6 bios.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thephost

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2005, 09:50:00 AM »

All the pictures I posted show the installation in a working condition. The "fixed" DMS image is from the top of the board. If you look closely at the pictures of the installed chip and adapter, you will see that the wires follow the pattern layed out by the picture.

As for why the connector you have installed has the pink wire on the bottom I don't know. I would check to make sure that the key isn't broken off or something. You are correct they should only go together one way. It is possible that it's a bad wire loom from DMS.

Also, you didn't say if you have done the LPC Rebuild. I'm assuming you did since it FRAGS. This would be the place I would start. Inspect all of the solder joints for a good connection and no bridging. Double check the points where they are attached for correct wiring. If everything checks out here then it is something to do with the chip wiring. Double check everything else, even have a friend look at it. Sometimes another pair of eyes sees something we missed.

My other suggestion is to check the plug connections between the board, adapter, and chip. I have had issues with them before especially the 11 wire loom. In one instance, the end was difficult to get plugged into the chip. I had to flip the cable around (adapter end became the chip end and vise vesa) and then it worked fine. This fixed my FRAG problem.

Let me know how it goes.
TFP

D_Sanchez

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2005, 05:00:00 PM »

Yes I did do the LPC rebuild.  I used the rebuild diagram off the dms website.  I double checked the connections and I cannot find any problems with the rebuild.  No bridging or loose wires.

The problem with the loom being upside down has been resolved and was nothing more than switching which end went to the adapter and which end went to the chip.  I think it is a pin to pin loom though, so that was not the problem.

Box is still fragging...I am considering going with the header pin install without the adapter which I have successfully completed before.  There are drawbacks to it though (can't shut off the chip).

I will try with this method a little more before I start over.  If you have any other info please let me know.  

By the way this was the image I used to solder the adapter to the board with:  http://pg.photos.yah...11c.jpg&.src=ph

I assume that it is correct, because when I switch the brown and green, the chip does not light up and everything still frags...  I swear your install image shows brown in the pin one location (square silver pad) though.

D_Sanchez

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »

Should I assume that because the box is fragging I have some other problem than a flashing/bios related problem?  I would think that the box would just boot to ms dash if the new bios was not loading properly.  Otherwise, when the chip was off box would frag and that would not make any sense.

Thephost

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2005, 09:49:00 AM »

The FRAG means that the bios hasn’t loaded for some reason. There are many causes for this. Most of the time it is because you have pulled LFRAME\D0 low to keep the onboard bios from loading but haven’t sent any information to the box for booting. Another reason could be corrupted BIOS data being sent to the box rather than a valid bios.

Some simple things to check first would be your dip switch settings. Make sure you have them set to the correct bank. I have heard of people having trouble using certain banks but I personally have not had any trouble, so you might try flashing different banks with the bios and see what happens then. Also make sure you have a good bios. XBINS is a great source for all things xbox. Look through the tutorials and you will find one on XBINS if you haven’t used them before.

The other place to look is all of the connections and wiring. Be sure to verify the “View” from which the installation documents show. An example would be the DMS install diagram for the adapter is from the top of the board. If you did it from the bottom, the wires would be reversed and you would have problems. The LPC rebuild is shown from the bottom of the board.

If you continue to have problems, you might take some pictures and send them to me. I may be able to help more with those.

TFP

Thephost

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2005, 07:54:00 AM »

XBINS. There is a tutorial on xbox-scene.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7