xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Xbit 1.5 W/adapter In 1.6b Xbox  (Read 1009 times)

InDaBin

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5 W/adapter In 1.6b Xbox
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2005, 12:27:00 PM »

I just installed an X-B.I.T. 1.5 modchip in a v1.0 XBOX using the pogo-pin installation method, not a single problem (other than trying to align those pins correctly can be a real pain).

Now I'm getting ready to mod a brand new XBOX, I think v1.6b, and I'm curious if it can be done without the 1.6 adapter?  I noticed the instructions in this forum included using the adapter, which I do not have.  Do you need the adapter, or can you still just rebuild the LPC and solder in the wires with the X-B.I.T's included wiring harness?  And if you don't use the adapter, will the problem still exist where the power is on to the modchip all the time?

InDaBin

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

I just finished the LPC rebuild for the v1.6b XBOX, and was checking out the "Wire Install" guide at DMS again (http://www.dms3.com/...ire_install.htm).  I noticed that the LPC block for all of the versions they show is not like mine?  I guess the reason being that a v1.6 XBOX is now shown in the diagram?  I'm really hoping that there is some way to wire the X-B.I.T 1.5 to a v1.6b XBOX without using some adapter.  Thanks to anybody that can answer this question...

InDaBin

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2005, 10:56:00 PM »

cool.gif XBOX, it seems that everybody used the 1.6 Adapter.  I guess it was a mistake on my part to think that it was an optional item.  I thought it just made things easier, but was not required.  This seems to be incorrect.  So, I ordered the 1.6 Adapter, and everything should be smooth sailing from there.  Sure would be nice if DMS would update their documentation to show a v1.6 XBOX install  dry.gif

Thephost

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »

I'm sure the installation can be done without the adapter. I have read somewhere else here that it has been done. I'm not sure where the post is at though. I haven't tried it so I can't tell you how to do it. My suggestion is that you use the adapter. It's not expensive.

TFP

Empyrials

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Thephost @ Jan 9 2005, 06:34 PM)
I have successfully modded a 1.6b XBOX with a 1.5 XBIT mod chip. I followed all the directions from DMS's web site to install it using the 1.6 adapter with a few exceptions.

1. The green and brown wires are reversed in the picture I used from DMS and the mod wouldn't boot. I swapped the brown and green wires to a final position in the LPC of Green - pin 2 and Brown - Pin 1. After this the mod worked successfully

2. The green LED on the XBIT was always on when the power cord was attached. This was a concern to me for a couple of reasons. I didn't want the XBIT to always be powered up and excessivly stress the chip and I didn't know what affect it would have on the XBOX itself. With the adapter installed, the chip draws its power from the 5v pin on the LPC port. This pin always has 5v apply to it even when the xbox is off. To solve this I used the included DVD power cable that is normally used for XBOX 1.5's and cut the connector from the red and black wires. Next I removed the orange wire that was connected to the LPC port and connected it to the red wire from the DVD cable. The red wire (5v) from the DVD cable is switched on only when the xbox is turned on. This allows the XBIT to only get power when the XBOX is power on. I soldered the wires and put a little heat shrink over the joint to protect it from shorting out. I cut the black wire off because it isn't needed. The chip is grounded using another pin on the LPC port. I tried using the cabled normaly and just connecting it directly to the chip with the orange wire disconnected but the mod wouldn't work correctly.
Here is a link to a picture of the install.
Picture

ok i have to ask, which pic at DMS did u use? none of them have brown and green in pin 1 and 2

up close pic

if you could give me a pin out that'd be awesome... i've been searching and searching for a 1.6 install but come up with nothing, so it'd be great to actually put back together my xbox sometime this next month, lol.

Empyrials

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2005, 01:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Empyrials @ Jan 27 2005, 06:20 PM)
ok i have to ask, which pic at DMS did u use? none of them have brown and green in pin 1 and 2

up close pic

if you could give me a pin out that'd be awesome... i've been searching and searching for a 1.6 install but come up with nothing, so it'd be great to actually put back together my xbox sometime this next month, lol.

Sooo... i found it, woot.  wish i could delete the post sorry.

satman2005

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »

I've been trying to mod my 1.6 xbox for some time and can't seem to get it working.  I've done the lpc rebuild (according to dms website) and triple checked all connections for continuity.  Soldered the 9 wires to the lpc (again, according to dms website, and on the wires I got with my xbit, the wires were pink, green, brown....instead of pink, brown, green, so if I follow the instructions on the dms website, it should be corrcet, right? since they switched the wires around.)  I've flashed it with M8 plus and I get nothing, no evox symbol or anything.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!

satman2005

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »

I've been trying to mod my 1.6 xbox for some time and can't seem to get it working. I've done the lpc rebuild (according to dms website) and triple checked all connections for continuity. Soldered the 9 wires to the lpc (again, according to dms website, and on the wires I got with my xbit, the wires were pink, green, brown....instead of pink, brown, green, so if I follow the instructions on the dms website, it should be corrcet, right? since they switched the wires around.) I've flashed it with M8 plus and I get nothing, no evox symbol or anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Thephost

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2005, 12:47:00 PM »

Here is a link to a EDITED picture from DMS's site. You must install your adapter this way or it will not work. The picture you get from DMS's web site is WRONG. Use this one when installing using the adapter in a 1.6 xbox.

TFP

Photo Link

satman2005

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2005, 09:53:00 AM »

THANKS!!!!!!!  I switched the brown and green wires and VIOLA!  It works, Now I just need to get it to read the evox boot disc.  I've tried 12 times on memorex cd-rw and dvd+r and it won't read them.....is there some trick to it, or a certain brand of media I need to use?

Thephost

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »

I've used TDK CDRW discs without any problems. If you have tried different media's I would suspect your ISO's. What are you building your ISO's with?

olafo

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2005, 05:50:00 AM »

Hi guys !!

I'm confused cause we have 2 images to solder adapter to the LPC. One is Thepost and the other the DMS website.

The only difference is the order of the wires which come from chip, but in LPC is the same order.

I sent an email to Divineo (official reseller of DMS in Spain) commenting the switched wires of the instructions on DMS website. Their reply was that they only have the DMS website instructions, and nobody had tell them that the wires are switched.

Thepost, the photo of adapter installation that you've put in yahoo is the instructions that you obtain from DMS? Cause my wires aren't in these order. Could you indicate us what is the order of your adapter's wires?

I have these instructions from DMS, and the order of my adapter's wires are according with the instructions of DMS. The order is:
1 - Pink
2 - Brown
3 - Green .. and the others are the same.

If i follow these instructions (DMS and Divineo's), i can flash chip, i put M8_16 bios, but the XBOX starts with MS Dashboard, any difference. And if i put Slayers or other Dashboard xbox doesn't recognise it.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

Olaf

satman2005

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »

Thanks for the advice, but before you replied, I went out and bought some tdk cd-rw's and they made all the difference!  I now have the xbox modded correctly, installed an 80 gig hd, edited the m8plus bios to boot f:\exovdash.xbe, so that when I have the chip on it boots to evox, and when the chip is off it boots normal so I can get on Xbox Live...!!!!!   Thanks guys for all the advice.......You guys are wonderful.

:beer:  :D

satman2005

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2005, 09:28:00 AM »

OLAFO.........
       Switch the brown and green wires on the LPC, where you soldered them to the top of the motherboard.  Divieno told me the same thing, but they were wrong.  If you did the lpc rebuild right(supposing you have a 1.6 xbox) and you followed th directions from the pictures on DMS website(as I did), then you just need to switch the brown and green wires on the top of the LPC that go to the xbit adapter.  Once you do that it should work.  If it works and boots the M8_16 bios, you will see a triangular symbol in the upper left corner that says Evo X, can't miss it.   If not reflash chip and check dip settings.  Hope that helps.

This post has been edited by satman2005: Feb 7 2005, 05:29 PM

satman2005

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »

OLAFO......

Use the picture from Thephost's post above, that is the correct one. That's the one I used and it works.

Wire #2, whether it be brown or green needs to go to the square hole on the LPC and the wire #3 needs to go right next to it on the other row of holes.

ThePhost's adapter install picture

This post has been edited by satman2005: Feb 7 2005, 06:08 PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7