xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "street Glow" Effect For Xbox Tutorials?  (Read 97 times)

drunkenrage

• Archived User
"street Glow" Effect For Xbox Tutorials?
« on: November 19, 2003, 01:38:00 AM »

I looked at alot of links and I never seen a link for a "Street Glow" effect for the xbox.  I want to do that to mine.  I have done the jewel and the eject light to blue want to do the a "street glow" in blue too to get the whole blue scheme.  (I love blue :P )  

Anyone got any links of how to do this and which would be the best way to do this.  Leds or CC?

scotchtape

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 05:39:00 AM »

well do you want to see were the light is coming from or just have the light show up?

drunkenrage

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 06:56:00 AM »

Not to see where the light is coming from.  You know, how the cars from need for speed underground are.  With the "Street glow" underneth the cars.  

I want my xbox to have blue lights under the xbox in all four directions cause a "glow" but you never see the light it self.

|Dazman|

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 07:09:00 AM »

in actuality this is called underlighting, and the actual glow effect on these cars is created usual cold cathode lighting.

You probably know that most mods are using this method now anyway.

The problem lies that the lip of the xbox is not deep enough to mount the cc without it being visable. you would have to burrow through the base, where daughter board is located to find room.

Dazman

samsng

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 07:54:00 AM »

well, if u peek underneath the faceplate of the box... u'll see vents lined along the stretch.. u could add leds into every single one (don't think a cathode will be able to fit in)

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 08:02:00 AM »

a cathode could be able to fit in that part you're talking about ^^ but you would have to take it out of it's protectve plastic casing so it's just the tube itself, they're usually really pretty thin.  I'm not sure though.  You could try el wire too.  I know they don't light up like a cathode does but if you get enough og it it would still probably look real cool.  good luck and post pics when you're done.

thomes08

MettyX

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 09:34:00 AM »

you could try the new "el tape" around the bottom lip of the xbox.  im havent seen it in action yet, so im not sure about the brightness, but it may be worth a shot.  take a look HERE.

Supplicium

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003, 10:22:00 AM »

you mean like on my xbox (pic in sig) just wire LEDs in a paralle circuit w/ a resitor and hot glue the LEDs to the  bottom vent. My pic doesnt show the true effect but you'll get the idea.