xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help Big Time  (Read 117 times)

ac253189

• Archived User
Need Help Big Time
« on: November 25, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »

update. i re soldered the chip and now it is fragging christmas colors.  Any suggestions what ishould use to flash my xbit.

tgeorgo

• Archived User
Need Help Big Time
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 08:44:00 AM »

if you don't have any alternative dash at your hdd the only think you should see is the ms dash go to the tutorial section and read, my friend, do the reasearch and then ask

what you need

Sexy Jeep

• Archived User
Need Help Big Time
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »

I have a lot of patients, so maybe I can help.  Here is a list of things you should have done to make your mod Work.

In order as listed below:

1.  Flash Chip with your choice of BIOS and set your dip switches accordingly (depending upon which banks you use).
2.  Install the chip via pogo-pin/pin-header/solder (most important part of this is making sure the "D0" is in place; be 100% sure or you'll frag every time).
3.  Turn on your Xbox and make sure it say's "Xecuter2" if your using X2 BIOS (which I used).  If you’re using a different BIOS, then I can't help you.
4.  Burn your DVD at the slowest speed possible 1X/2X with your Evox.ini, default.xbe, Skin folder, and abc.dat (this is your dummy file "500" or more MB).
5.  Turn on your Xbox and put in the DVD you just burned then close the tray and wait to see if it boots to Evox.
6.  Install new HD (if desired).
7.  FTP into the Xbox and do what you need to do
8.  Finished!

This was a very "very" brief/dry run through all of the steps, but I hope it can help you.  As for your Xbox fragging out; I don't really know what else to say other than check your connections, make sure you have no solder bridging two circuits, check your "D0", and check your BIOS/dip-switch settings.

You could have a fake chip too.  I have never seen one myself, but I know they're out there, so be careful who you buy from.

Jeepy

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Need Help Big Time
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 08:36:00 AM »

you cant use an Xecuter 3 bios on anything but an X3 as far as i am aware. Us an X2, or ind-bios (my fav).