xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit Chip And Bios Recognition  (Read 98 times)

Andrewolu

• Archived User
Xbit Chip And Bios Recognition
« on: November 24, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

Hi guys, i have been having a few small probs and having read countless forum threads about the X-bit I cant seem to find the answers or anyone else who has come accross this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have recently got the Xbit chip. I successfully flashed it  and installed it via the pogopin method. I know the chip works ok as I get the Xecuter2 Logo at Startup. I've also installed Evox. The problem I'm having is that when Evox boots up or when I use the Biochecker homebrew app. It says the bios is Unknown. The bios I flashed is X2 4983.06 256KB.

In the Bioschecker app it recognises my chip as Homebrew 9090. its got the list of all the MD5 Hashes for the bioses but they are all unknown.
I saw somewhere I think it was either in Evox system settings screen or in Bioschecker i cant remember it says Kernel 1.00.4983.06 which would indicate that in this way the Bios has been recognised ( i have no idea what Kernel is by the way)

Also Another problem. When I use the dip switches to turn the stealth mode on I get the rebooting 3 times and FRAG (Flashing Red and Green). My Xbox will not boot up at all with stealth mode on.

The Xbox seems to work fine with the X2 bios like i said i was able to install evox and FTP etc..

I am a newbie but these seem like unusual problems to me.

Thanks

Xbox v1.0
Evox v+ 3935
Retail Western Digital 8GB HDD
X2 4383.06 256KB
Thomson DVD-ROM drive

Spice Guy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »

You will find that the only reason EvoX is saying that your bios is unknown, is that your bios's MD5 Hash is not in the EvoX ini file.

What i think you have to do is find an MD5 Calculator of the net, drop your bios's bin image into it, and it should give you the MD5 has for it.

You then just add that hash, into the EvoX ini file, with the name of your Bios, there are a load of preset ones already in the ini file just input yours the same way.

Andrewolu

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »

Thanks for replying.

My HDD is definately locked. Its the retail one and the only thing i have done to it is to add EVOX.

Stealth mode still doenst work