xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Xbox Does Not Turn On  (Read 62 times)

Sexy Jeep

• Archived User
My Xbox Does Not Turn On
« on: November 13, 2004, 09:11:00 PM »

Ok, I'm lost...  so why did you rebuild the LPC?  The X-B.I.T v1.0 requires no soldering or rebuild.  The pogopin is the best way to do your mod.  Sure, the X-B.I.T can do the "pin-header" or "Wire" install, but even those don't require a rebuild

I definitly would not have used an Xbox v1.6 guide to install this chip either.  I would un-do whatever you have done, and just do the pogo pin install.  If you really want to do the pin header install or wire install, then I suggest you follow the diagrams on the DMS3.com website.

I guess I would basically start all over again using their diagrams & instructions.

Jeepy

jeffrecnet

• Archived User
My Xbox Does Not Turn On
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

I rebuilt the LPC because it is a version 1.6 xbox. As far as I have seen on every board on the web you have to do this with this version of the xbox. The version 1.0 is for the xbit chip ie. not a xbit 1.5. I have already unsoldered everything and put everything back to the way it was before the mod and still no power

Sexy Jeep

• Archived User
My Xbox Does Not Turn On
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »

Sorry, but I'm not going to be able to be of any help from here on out, because you’re going into "un-tested waters” as far as I know...

I haven't seen anyone yet that has put an X-B.I.T 1.0/v1.5 on a v1.6 Xbox yet....  I'm sure it could be done, but I haven't seen or really looked for anyone that has done it yet.

If it is possible to do this (which in theory, it is), then maybe the reason why your still not getting power, is because you have an Xbox V1.6b.  They say the 1.6b's have problems with many mods, and can cause some funny things to happen.  Maybe you have a 1.6b, or maybe in the process of doing your initial mod; you might have ruined something on your board or chip.   Maybe something is just wired wrong, or maybe the X-B.I.T just won't work with any v1.6/1.6b Xbox.  I don't really know, and I don't want to keep guessing.  All you can hope for is to find someone doing a similar mod as yours, find an article on the web, do some more “trial & error”, or get some help from someone else on these forms.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

Jeepy

ZeroRacer

• Archived User
My Xbox Does Not Turn On
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 12:10:00 PM »

Ha this sorta thing happened to me but i was just stupid i doubt you where but you now the power cable the one thats an ass to get out like 7 different pins plug into fairly large i removed this 2 be safe then plugged it in missing a pin and thus didnt turn on maybe this happened to you. Also check all you wires connect because even if you didnt get the installation of the chip right your xbox should still atleast do "Christmas Lights" or something indicating its busted you now have an expensive paperweight and a large one at that therwise maybe its screwed and its out of your hands i know mine is screwed so i admitted defeat and sent it off to a company that do repairs in the UK. My problem was the timeless problem Christmas Lights which means system failure or broken modchip im not sure if this can be fixed i hope so good luck hope i helped?