xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: X-bit Stealth Mode  (Read 142 times)

Silentscream__

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« on: November 08, 2004, 09:41:00 AM »

Turning the xbit into stealth mode should boot the original bios from the TSOP chip on the xbox motherboard, so not you dont need to get another bios from anywhere. Then problem is, on alot of 1.5 xbits, the stealth mode just doesnt work - DMS' fault. If it works for you, then you are good to go on live though, you dont need to delete anything from your hard drive as far as i am aware.

Nabster

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 12:09:00 AM »

Are you guys sure its a problem with the xbit?  It happens to me as well.  But there must be something we can do about it....

Peige

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 12:33:00 AM »

lol, i thought it was just me... when i switch my xbit to stealth mode the box refuses to boot (alternating red/orange front) switch it back and she boots just fine.

So this is a problem with the chip ?

Also it didn't come with a diode  mad.gif

Spidy2167

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »

Did you make sure that you have the hard drive locked. If it is not locked, you can't bring up the xbox in normal mode

Nabster

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 02:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (Spidy2167 @ Nov 11 2004, 09:11 PM)
Did you make sure that you have the hard drive locked. If it is not locked, you can't bring up the xbox in normal mode

How do you make sure it is locked?  I got to my settings in Evox, and it says hard drive lock on...  Is that good enough?  Well it still does not go into stealth mode, this sucks I wanted to play on live, but now I cant.

SmAuR

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 09:44:00 AM »

Yeah I just tried to boot in stealth mode, but shock horror, it just frags, looks like i'll be taking the chip out to play on XBOX Live tongue.gif

PeterMagician

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »

Is there any possibilty to make the 4th dip work? block a pogo or something. Ive got the same problem.

krwade3

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 12:46:00 AM »

I was having the same problem fellas (and possibly ladies) til I checked my harddrive and it wasnt locked. Locked it with my boot disc and got logged on no prob and played a couple of matches in Halo2

biggrin.gif Suppa sweet smile.gif

other than that it works fine for me.

BR

PeterMagician

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 03:21:00 AM »

But mine is locked, 100% sure. If it wasnt locked once, it is now (configMagic)#
still no STM...

Spunkmeyer

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2004, 09:07:00 AM »

If you changed your original dashboard file to a different name, you'll need to change the above to reflect that change.  I had the same problem with my Evox setup until I changed my evox.ini file to read:

MSDashBoard = "c:\msxboxdash.xbe"

as thaat's what I reanamed my original dashboard file to.

Now I can simply change the STM switch and go back to the standard MS dashboard and use it like an unmodded Xbox.

PeterMagician

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »

Not worked, either. Maybe the STM is just a joke. crap...

Nakuto

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »

i got exactly the same problems.
I installed it correctly and flashed an bios.
When i tur then box on it boots the xecuter bios without any problem.
But as i switch the Dip 4 to "on", the xbox doesnt boots anymore and gets christmas lights.
My HDD is 100% locked ( cause i changed nothin) and when i take the chip anway, the ms bios boots as normaly.

I think turn the xbit of via switching the Dip4 doesnt work.
Nobody got any advice ?

Spidy2167

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2004, 03:49:00 PM »

Well as a last ditch effort, I would try the stealth mode by installing the diod and solder the wire to the power switch. the diagrame is on DMS site. That is how I have my stealth mode and havent had a problem with it.

guber42

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

i have a question,
say for instance you boot from your non-m$ bios.
then you press the eject button on your xbox, turn off your chip, then play on live.
will they be able to tell that you loaded from another bios? and then ban you for it?

Silentscream__

• Archived User
X-bit Stealth Mode
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »

i have a question,
say for instance you boot from your non-m$ bios.
then you press the eject button on your xbox, turn off your chip, then play on live.
will they be able to tell that you loaded from another bios? and then ban you for it?

No, this will not diable your chip, as it has already booted the hacked bios and this is what ms scan for, so you will get banned.  Anyway holding the eject button whilst the xbox is on wont disable the chip.
Pages: [1] 2