xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A N00b Has A Question  (Read 92 times)

1337.h4x0r

• Archived User
A N00b Has A Question
« on: July 16, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »

ph34r.gif  Ok, so i will be getting my xbit modchip in the mail in 1 day, and i am just trting to get prepared. I have already read like 50 installation tutorials and i think i am good on that part. I might need some help on flashing it though....But i was wondering once i have everything installed and flashed how do i back-up my games to the hard-drive? Do i need any special programs or am i good? If i need some progarms where can i get them, and how do i transfer them to the x-box thanks  smile.gif  ph34r.gif EDIT:Oh and my kernal is 5317 or something like that....i think that means i have 1.6 but i could be wrong. It is the speical edition green halo x-box, got it the first day it came out.

ColKurtz

• Archived User
A N00b Has A Question
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »

I might need some help on flashing it though....

Most likely you won't.  Even DMS's tutorial explains the flash process pretty well.  It's hard to screw up.  If it fails to flash, try from another computer.

But i was wondering once i have everything installed and flashed how do i back-up my games to the hard-drive?

DVD2XBOX

Do i need any special programs or am i good? If i need some progarms where can i get them, and how do i transfer them to the x-box thanks

Get slayers, or x-disk - they'll install all the apps you need (slayer's collection of programs is getting outdated).  Get x-disk from bittorrent, search the evox forum tutorials for how to find slayers.

EDIT:Oh and my kernal is 5317 or something like that....i think that means i have 1.6 but i could be wrong. It is the speical edition green halo x-box, got it the first day it came out.

Not sure what the 1.6 kernel is. Try the (google) search here.