xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Grr! Flashed, But Can't Load New Dash.  (Read 52 times)

Arakon

• Archived User
Grr! Flashed, But Can't Load New Dash.
« on: April 18, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »

cromwell can't boot the slayers disk.

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

If you've flashed bank 6 how come you don't have a bios listed there in your listing?  Cromwell is listed as bank 5.  Regardless - you don't need any of that stuff and Cromwell is generally for reflashing your chip in the first place and you already can flash via a programmer.

1) Flash a 256K bank with an Xecuter 4983.06 bios (it must be 256K to match the 256K bank)
2) set the dip switched to the bank you flashed
3) you should see the big green X and it should say Xecuter instead of MS underneath it (this confirms you've booted a backed bios - without this you can't boot Slayers or any other standard boot disc)
4) now you boot Slayers and see if your burn procedure/boot disc creation holds up (I have a tutorial in my sig on creating a boot disc - it's worth a read if your disc doesn't boot at this point).

c187

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »

Something to add...
I remember that I read somewhere on this forum that I would have to rename a file in the Slayers ISO, then recompile the files and such back into a XBOX ISO, then burn and boot.

Is this so?

KennyH

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (c187 @ Apr 18 2004, 10:21 PM)
I flashed the 6th bank, in it our two 512k slots and 4 256k slots... the switch is set to read the 6th bank.... which has all that is listed above....

I think what you meant was slot 6, bank 6.  This is why people are confused.