xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 3 Reboots And Flashing Green/red  (Read 205 times)

c187

• Archived User
3 Reboots And Flashing Green/red
« on: April 17, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »

have you flashed it yet?

irish12567

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »

yes, i tried flashing it multiple times with the xecuter2 bios.

irish12567

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »

Theres one more really weird thing...The xbox boots up fine every time when i hook up the DVDrom and harddrive with the cables that connect to them EXCEPT for the IDE cable...but when i hook the IDE cable in, it reboots 3 times and flashes green/red...could the IDE cable be broken?

c187

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »

ok... do you have the switch's on the right bios?

If you have it set to the wrong bank it will do that.... if you have the chip set to all off or all on you will get the xbox boot screen.... then the nothing

swarmer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »

I ahve this problem sometimes.  Like after a while of playing it after it had booted up, lets say I had to shut it down to congifure something then I try to turn it back on sometimes it might work but then others I get the 3x the flashing lights what is going on.  I think it might be a bad connection to the mobo.  But when it does boot up it works perfect.

styrofoam

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 03:58:00 AM »

This may or may not be a stupid question... but the IDE cable is plugged in correctly, yes?

I was 'dry-running' my X-Bit, and had the DVD and hard drive tray sitting outside of the XBox, and I plugged the IDE cable into the socket without looking, I just went by the natural bend of the cable.  Well, now that the drives weren't in the same place they usually were, I was basically putting the cable in backwards!!  While it was in backwards, I'd get nothing but FRAGs.  Once I plugged it back in correctly, everything worked like a champ.

The red stripe on the IDE cable goes towards the front of the case on the Xbox- at the end of the connector that has a small arrow pointing towards it (on the circuit board.)

Red stripes also go towards the power cable on the HD/DVD drive.  Check those out, and if they're proper, it wouldn't hurt to put in a new IDE cable before giving up all hope!

therebelious1

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 04:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (jaxx @ Apr 19 2004, 08:30 AM)
i have the same exact problem.  i just received an x-b.i.t. to install on my cousin's v1.5 xbox, and i'm getting the 3 reboots and FRAG'in.  i have flashed bank 6 with a 256k x2.4983 bios, with switches 1 and 3 set to ON.  i've also scraped the d0 with an xacto knife for better contact.  someone please help us out here...thanks

the fact you are getting a frag means that d0 is ok
you can further verify this by switching switch 4 to on- it shouldnt frag

you have the jumpers set properly for bank 6 (1on, 2off, 3on, 4off)

are you sure you formatted the x-bit with option 6?
(the option on the right hand side of the flashing util)

did you verify the bios you flashed?

wibby

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 07:38:00 AM »

I'm getting the same problem too sad.gif

1.3 xbox D0 cleaned, X2_4978 1mb flashed and verified.

I even tried it in my 1.1 xbox (modded with a matrix), Exactly the same problem.

I hope some one has a fix for this....

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »

For XBIT the bios size (1MB in your case) must match the bank size exactly.  Meaning it will only work if you have your chip formatted with a MB bank and this bios flashed onto that bank.  You could also just use the 256K version of the bios and put it on a 256K bank as I have no idea why you fluffed the bios up that big.

Anyway - check this, check the switch settings, try a different bios (XBINS tutorial is a nice read) - try the 4981.06 or whatever current X2 bios is 4983.06 I believe.

If it's not any of these it's your connection to the LPC points.  Frag is inability to load a bios so if all the rest checks out than the LPC it is.

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 04:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (TewSmooth18 @ Jul 1 2004, 12:00 AM)
I basiclly had the same problem to. then i decided to flash the bio's again with different bio's. I flashed them on bank 4, with the X2.4983 bio's. on bio's 4 under bank 4 i flashed it with the x2_4983.06_256k.bin and on bio's 3 under bank 4 i flashed it with x2_4983.67_256k.bin and i have the dip switches set to bio's 4 which is up,up,down,down. now it works perfect.. i hope this might help

Good advice but keep in mind that "bank 4" is totally dependent upon how your formatted your chip.  If you want to follow this verbatim then reformat your chip to ensure that bank 4 is a 256K bank and flash it with the X24983.06 bios at 256K size (default size).

wibby

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2004, 05:29:00 AM »

SUPERB!

Did a version 5 format stuck ix2_4983.06_256k.bin in position 4 and it's working a treat!!

Thanks guys... make this one a sticky i think it will help a lot of people out smile.gif

jackie

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 09:30:00 PM »

In case anyone is still reading here for advice ... I am having the exact same problem. I tried switching the IDE cable and that did not work. I have flashed five different bioses and none have worked. I aslo disconnected the IDE cable to the HDD and the DVD, but it still lit up red and green. If anyone has made any progress, please post.

jjbean

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

yet another guy facing this problem.

ive tried multiple bioses. . .  and reseated the pogos tons of times. .

so yet another lost soul with an xbit.

BigMar992

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »

umm...people are complaining they are having problems with the XBit chip on versions of xbox's 1.4 and greater....well.....i think its because they only are compatible with 1.3 or earlier.....isnt this correct? its in the pinned thread.

r00t

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »

Ok, so now I too am having this problem.  My xbox was working fine until this morning when I decided it was time to update the bios.  I reformatted the chip (I really wish I hadn't done that now) and flashed some various different bios's onto the different banks.  When I went to turn the xbox on however I was greeted with two restarts and the on the third start it just sat there and flashed.  It did this no matter what bank I selected.  Since then I have tried every bios I can get my hands on, including the one that used to be on there and I get the same thing each time.  If I flip up the 4th dip switch the xbox boots but then I get an error 5, I'm assuming this is normal for modded boxes with unlocked harddrives.  Anyone have any suggestions?
Pages: [1] 2