• Archived User
Hey !
« on: April 16, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »

sad.gif

para5063

• Archived User
Hey !
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »

no - you don't NEED the evox dash to use the XBIT.  You will be able to play DVD-R backups and other unsigned MSFT code. - but if you want to take full advantage of the freedom that the XBIT unlocks then you need a modified dashboard.

There's EvoX, AvaLaunch, MXM, BLOX, and so on and so forth. Just keep reading about the other dashboards available in the tutorials section.

And like everyone else will point out - all your questions have been answered in some form or another - so take the time to read.

sikness

• Archived User
Hey !
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 01:17:00 AM »

which is the best dashboard?

BlackTitanium

• Archived User
Hey !
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (sikness @ Apr 17 2004, 10:17 AM)
which is the best dashboard?

Try them all. You will have to decide that for yourself!

I like both UnleashX and Avalaunch.

sikness

• Archived User
Hey !
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 07:51:00 PM »

im trying to get EVOX but it is so harddddddddddddddddddd

JRSiebz

• Archived User
Hey !
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

no its not, its very easy

user error:  problem exists between keyboard and chair

heres your hints

#xbins

#xboxemu

JRSiebz

• Archived User
Hey !
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »

and dont confuse evox the dashboard, like unleashx etc. , with evox m7 the bios, like the xecuter 2 bios

you;re xbit will need a bios

ChrisF

• Archived User
Hey !
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 10:45:00 AM »

Go to Xbins, once you FTP in, I believe it is in Xbox, Dashboards, EvolutionX

Winrar  - to extract files from Xbins

mIRC to connect to Xbins

FTP program - to get files from Xbins and send them to your Xbox.

To be honest, why don't you just go to the Evolution X forum itself.  There is a huge thread there for Slayers Autoinstaller.  Read the very first post.  Given the line of questioning, I'd rather leave it to Slayers and defer all of this til upgrade time.

cap269

• Archived User
Hey !
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »

uuuuuuuugggghhhh ... some people just need to be spoonfed, eh?

www.flashfxp.com

ChrisF

• Archived User
Hey !
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2004, 07:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (sikness @ Apr 19 2004, 03:29 AM)
oh 1 more question where could i get FTP program ?

Bro - you need to occasionally branch out and try Yahoo or something.  This is above and beyond.  The beauty of the internet is that with a few words you can generally piece together and find links to a lot of knowledge...without relying totally on other people to hold your hand.

Here are the Yahoo search results for "FTP": http://search.yahoo....-t&cop=mss&tab=

I mean, the first link offers tutorials explicitly.  3 out of the next 4 are for FTP programs.  The sixth is a definition of FTP.  This is the whole purpose of the internet in general.

Just because there are forums, tutorials, and people who don't mind taking the time to help others out - it does not mean that you don't have to put in any effort whatsoever.  Take a look at this thread, you should be embarrassed if you are over 8 years old and are not confined to the short school buses.

pratestone

• Archived User
Hey !
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 06:54:00 AM »

ONE stop... xbox-scene tutorials... like item one...  NOOB TUTORIAL... by Maestro I believe....

flattspott

• Archived User
Hey !
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »

You would think that some people would do all the research beforehand when they plan on investing in a modchip.

ChrisF

• Archived User
Hey !
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2004, 02:50:00 PM »

No more help - read any of a thousand boot disc burning tutorials out there that everyone else used.  Hell, I even have a Boot Disc item in my signature that helps to troubleshoot - I believe I already may have referred you to it once.  

Apparently, you didn't take the hints that this is way beyond hand holding.  My consulting fee is $50 an hour.  I will accept retainer via Paypal for my time and call you collect.  I shit you not - you are the only person I've ever required money from to help and that is simply to offset the frustration I will end up subjecting myself to.  I don't expect you to pay me but this should at least drive home the point that what you call 'help' is being blatantly lazzy, dense, and expecting others to do it for you.  Find an installer and pay him.

Hint: DO WHAT EVERYONE ELSE DOES, TRY A DIFFERENT FUCKING BRAND OF CDRW AND READ THE TUTS ON HOW TO CREATE AND BURN A BOOT DISC PROPERLY - SPECIFICALLY READ SOME OF THE HINTS IN MY BOOT DISC THREAD LINKED IN MY SIG.

ChrisF

• Archived User
Hey !
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2004, 06:53:00 PM »

I have every confidence that you will end up paying someone for help.  Whether that's an installer, me, or someone else they will certainly be earning their money in dealing with you.  Look at this thread, I'm not the only one who's a bit exasperated.  I don't think anyone is convinced that you've spent any time reading tutorials, the stickies in the newbie forum, and using the search engine.  You'd be amazed how many people have gotten themselves through with a bit of effort.  Best of luck.

sikness

• Archived User
Hey !
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »

unsure.gif
Pages: [1] 2