xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: External Board Has To Be Installed On Outside?  (Read 85 times)

xgeek

• Archived User
External Board Has To Be Installed On Outside?
« on: April 03, 2004, 12:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (KennyH @ Apr 3 2004, 09:45 AM)
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet; I've done a lot of searching and reading the tutorials but this hasn't been mentioned.

I have recently purchased an Xbox and an X Bit chip.  I have checked out the installation tutorials and every one of them mentions leaving the external board outside the box.

I don't want to do this because it's an eyesore to me.

Would I have to have the external board installed on the outside of the box, or can I mount it inside the box?

I've never seen the insides of an Xbox before, so I don't know if there would be room.

I would like to know if anyone has gone this route, and some input on what I can do.

Thanks in advance.

A switch on the back of the xbox is an eyesaw to you? jeeez fussiness wink.gif

well you could just tape the switch to the DVD Drive when youve flicked the bios switch to your selected bios i guess

i cant see the point to be honest its not very convinient

You should be less worried about that and more worried about whether your going to kill your xbox or not

Xerium

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

bucd

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 05:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (KennyH @ Apr 4 2004, 01:59 PM)
I'd like to know why I would need the external board there..

I know that it's used to turn on and off switches to change the bios, but would I be needing to change the bios that frequently to have the board on the outside?

Would I be able to just leave it on a certain bios and not have to worry about it?

Sorry for the newbish questions, I have just been trying to do a lot of research for this, but am coming up short.

The point of getting an XBIT is to have mulitple bios, if not then you just wasted a bunch of money for some options you didn't need and could have gone with something else.

If you are not going to flash the bios or need to change it to a different bios then sure mount that sucker inside.

But like i said before, the whole point of getting the xbit is to have all those options.

-D

thebigyin5555

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 12:43:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif