xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I Know If My Xbit Is Working?  (Read 77 times)

Arakon

• Archived User
How Do I Know If My Xbit Is Working?
« on: March 14, 2004, 05:28:00 AM »

flash a color bios (changed "X" color) and try. if the logo is still green, then your d0 point isn't making contact.

SanfordTurbo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 01:18:00 AM »

I boot up with an xecutor bios with the mod chip on.  I didn't color the stuff, so it is the normal green, but has 'xecutor 2' under the xbox logo when it boots up.

Normally there is 'MicroShaft' under the xbox logo when booting up without the mod chip.

I had your exact problem when installing my second xbit.  The d0 hole/lead was covered over with a thin layer of circuit board hoohah.  I had to pick it off of the d0 leads with a fine tipped sewing needle.  it took several tries before I had a good contact with the xbit pogo pin.

After that, the modchip bios would load properly and have that 'xecutor 2' under the xbox logo at boot.

lordshodan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

uhh.gif  

What am I missing here?  Need to upgrade the BIOS?  What "boot disc" should I use to test it? unsure.gif

Any suggestions?

bp@rr

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 01:04:00 AM »

I too am totally new at this but experienced the same problem you are. After researching many forums, trying different things I finally mastered it.

If you use the latest executer2 bios (4981) you will see "executer2" instead of "MS" when you boot up. If the chip isn't working the Xbox will still work like it always has. So unless you use a bios like I mentioned or change the color of the logo as mentioned earlier, you won't know.

It took me a while to figure out mine wasn't working. Turns out it wasn't seated in the "D0" hole. The instructions were vague on that part so I didn't know exactly where it was supposed to sit. I just took a hard look at where I thought it should go, then used a sewing needle to carefully  scrape it off. Don't know if that was necessary, but the first time after seating it after that it worked right away.

I think even if you don't have a decent bios loaded or the proper bank selected with the dip switches you will still know it's seated correctly becaue the xbox light will flash red/green.

Hope this helped.

bp@rr

tameone

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 05:20:00 AM »

all of you should use slayer. that is for dumies that cant do research. you can get it on mirc try a search on packetnews.com then go to teamxecuter.com and use there tortuial on burning iso's. I sugest using ritek silver dvd-r's or verbatium dvd-r's the ones that look like a movie real.
cdrw's never work all the time. but thoes 2 media will work on every box.

Xerium

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 11:34:00 AM »

dry.gif Idiots...you guys are just fucking retarded

jk laugh.gif

But, nothing will change unless you have either

1. A colored bios
2. An Xecuter bios

But you might not have the d0 aligned , you can get power to the chip without it being properly aligned

PM me for more help

Xerium

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (tameone @ Mar 19 2004, 03:20 PM)
all of you should use slayer. that is for dumies that cant do research. you can get it on mirc try a search on packetnews.com then go to teamxecuter.com and use there tortuial on burning iso's. I sugest using ritek silver dvd-r's or verbatium dvd-r's the ones that look like a movie real.
cdrw's never work all the time. but thoes 2 media will work on every box.

The only people that use slayers are fat lazy fucks too damn obese to search for a little information on how to install it. And i have a thompson DVD drive and i have never had an unsuccessful try with sony CD-RW's adn neither has my other samsung drive (stock xbox not 616)

xgeek

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 05:09:00 AM »

Xerium do you have to be so rude all the time

Slayers is brilliant i use it all the time , its so easy when rebuilding a hardrive and very quick.

But i agree it doesnt matter because he probally hasnt even installed the chip correctly
As said above get a coloured bios and check