xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Evox Bios Works But Lost Ms Bios  (Read 78 times)

jeff10

• Archived User
Evox Bios Works But Lost Ms Bios
« on: March 10, 2004, 07:45:00 AM »

that happened to me, i think it is because the xbit doesnt work totally right in a vers. 1.1 box do to some different reason with d0

alsybub

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 07:48:00 AM »

did you turn of dip switch 4? also did you check that your hdd is locked? this will cause the same problem, to lock it use configmagic or newer versions of evox have it in the system settings

jeff10

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »

On another note, i got my HDD in.....I am going to use the slayers to install it....MY first question is what the hell do i do to put the drive in......I am assuming i just unplug the factory drive then plug in the new turn on xbox with slayers disc installed.....Is that right then select rebuild a new bigger hdd or whatever the option.......
I dont understand this.......The lock hdd unlock hdd stuff and also how is the xbox going to turn on without fragging if the HDD sitting in it when it is turned on dosn't have anything on it????

I have another box that is over two years old i got modded and watched a friend do it...it has a 120 gig hdd and x2pro

so i bought another box at a pawn shop and put in the xbit flashed it etc, then used slayers on retail hdd.

But i remember him just plugging in the hdd then turning it on and selecting build hdd on slayers...(THIS STILL DOesntT SEEM LOGICAL)

but anyhow if it is can someone tell me what option to pick to make it all work off of slayers.....
as far as the stealth mode not working i havent got dsl so i just about dont care(no online)  :-(

PacKPacK

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »

Right I removed the xbit and booted up the xbox with the no problems so MS bios must be ok plus i can get evox to boot ms dash now(changed the names to evoxdash.xbe and xboxdash.xbe for ms dash).

as soon as i reconnect the xbit and boot with the stealth mode on (so no green light on the xbit) i get the red and green flashing again. with stealth of the xbit works fine and i can run evox bios and evox dash.

could it be a short on the board from the other spike pogo pin or a faulty xbit

any ideas.

Xbox v1.1
maxtor 200gig
xbit
evox