xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Faulty Xbit  (Read 88 times)

_mikec_

• Archived User
Faulty Xbit
« on: March 09, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

mm.. i finally receive after a month and 1week my xbit chip from divineo and poor me.. its faulty. I contacted divineo to get them into this situation, what the person who answer back told is that it was ok to send them back the chip but i need to include some money so they can send me back my chip.. what the!!

really i did not read THIS before i ordered, my mistake..

but dam, is BAD, they are asking me to pay so they can send me back the chip and IF the chip is not defective, they will not pay for the shipping costs i had to give out to send them the chip.. XBIT is easy to install, i had a friend over to help me, we flashed every bank of the memory except the 2MB and still my XBOX cant find any bios on the chip or the default one installed on the chip.
I just guess that the chip might be wrong or something.. i think the d0 is alligned correctly because if it was not the default bios will be loaded right?
yea i am just scared that i have to pay more money and to wait moree. At least they defended them self HERE but how can i defend myself if the chip is working on soldering? me i just screwed the chip on the box, i have no soldering skill. I am going to send it with the fastest chiping so i can received in a week or 2, hopefully i wont wait another month. (i ordered the 29th of december 2003, yup last year)

alsybub

• Archived User
Faulty Xbit
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »

the chip is designed to be installed with the pogo pins and so they cannot argue that the pin is not defective just because it works on a solder install, the pogos wouldnt be there otherwise and they would not be advertising it as a solderless solution so you have the upper hand

_mikec_

• Archived User
Faulty Xbit
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »

i am flashing using XP Pro Service Pack 1, is there another way to flash it with a different operating system? i also have fedora core 1 installed.