xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Point Of Multiple Bios And Different Size Bios  (Read 46 times)

spicymeatball911

• Archived User
The Point Of Multiple Bios And Different Size Bios
« on: December 31, 2003, 08:30:00 PM »

Well I'm definatley new to XBox modding (<--- see, post number 1 whoo), but I've done my hw, read so many tutorials, downloaded so many files, but still very very new.

Anyways, I just got my XBIT and it comes with 2MB and all those crazy different settings. I want to either flash xecuter 4979 or Evox M7. I don't really know which is better, but I hear xecuter is. Does an xecuter bios hold up good on XBIT? Whish is best?

Anyways, I also have the xecuter bios in 256K version and a 1024k version (BFM I think the file name said). Also within both of these, there is the two kinds of 4979.06 and 4979.67. Whats the difference between the sizes? Does the bigger one have more content? I have a 120 GB Maxtor HD and V1.2. What shoud I use? Do I just use one?

Ok, sorry for all these questiosn but like I said, Im new. Should I use xecuter and evox M7? Will they work better together? Whats the point? I don't plan to hack the games eaither, just normal xbox modd apps and whatnot. Also for the Evo 3935, does it matter whether i shoes the static or dcph? Is that in refrence to IP adress? Thaaaaaaaank.

I'm new, post number one... Thanks alot though.

BinaryProgrammer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 11:13:00 PM »

It is not a matter of which bios is better than another, it is a point of
personal preference.

Bios Comparison

Check the above link for all the different features of the different bioses.

The nice thing about the different bios banks, is that you can flash several
to the chip and switch between them.  You can then choose for yourself
which one you like best.

spicymeatball911

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 07:52:00 AM »

Ok, I think I get it, thanks guys